Chapter 17: Nicknames

"The problem with human attraction is not knowing if it will be returned."
— Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush

"I cannot believe I didn't read The Lightning Thief when I was twelve like Percy was," Luke said, he was escorting me to my next class even though both of us are late. I told him that he doesn't need to walk with me but he insisted.

"Chapter?" I asked. I still can't belive we were having this kind of conversation.

"When Percy woke up and Annabeth somewhat said, you drool when you sleep." I was a little disappointed that he wasn't almost done yet, but that disappointed fled away quickly and changed it with awe with what he said next, "and I cannot believe that Percy was twelve. Not sixteen or seventeen. I know I still can't say this because I haven't finished reading it but the movie was really different from the book. Annabeth broke the blonde are dumb stereotypes. I hate that they have her in brunette. The actor is nice and all but still." I nodded in understatement. It's really difficult not to react with him, nevertheless, I kept my thoughts controlled and my face too, which was grinning so sheepishly.

"My favorite character so far is Mr. D be—" he stopped fanboying when we reached the classroom. His face saddened quickly for a second then he controlled his posture. "I guess we'll speak later? And fangirl—"

I interrupted him, "holy Hades, Luke, fangirling could be fanboying too. I should give you a starter-pack dictionary for these kind of words." I chuckled.

He smiled genuinely. "I would like that so much."

"So, are we okay?" he asked carefully, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yes, we're totally okay." I confirmed. I waved my goodbye and I watched him ran towards his classroom. When I walked in the classroom, I was ready for Mrs. Oliver's displeased face.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Oliver. I'm sorry I'm late, it won't happen again," I said in a rush. Not waiting for her reply, I quickly made my way to the last unavailable seat which beside it, sat Ron.

"Well, well, well. Look how the tables are turned." tsked Ron.

Not even Ron could ruin my mood at this moment. I still wore the biggest— the second biggest, because the biggest I ever had is whenever my ships* gone canon** —smile I had in my face even after class.

As I was unlocking my car, I heard someone call out my name, actually not my legit name. I looked back and see Ron walking towards me with Luke and he has a big grin on his face.

"Hi Ron. Hey Luke."

"Oh, you two now know each other?" Ron stepped back. He formed a square with his fingers and took a peak in it, like he was a photographer and was trying to find a perfect angle for Luke and I.

"It's not that bad, Luke. I think I can see it." Ron teased Luke, which I found highly confusing.

"Seriously Mary, now that I finally had a good look at your car, you look like a soccer mom." said Ron, smirking.

"I think it fits her personality.  A brown Subaru Outback plus this beautiful creature," replied Luke in a low volume. I was too insulted from Ron's soccer mom statement that I didn't react at the adjective Luke used to describe.

Before I could even say my comeback, Ron run off the second he saw Gillepsi II, a. k. a Maxon, walking out the school.

"Well isn't he rude." I said, loud enough for Ron to hear. Ron stopped running and he looked back at us and then looked at Luke.

"I apologize for my friend's behaviour," pardoned Luke. Ron nodded to Luke and grinned at us and showed us two thumbs up. It looked like this was a practice for both of them.

"I didn't know you were in league with Ron," I told Luke when he was still beside me. I kinda do know that he's an acquaintance with Ron since I saw him call Ron yesterday at the cafeteria.

"League is such a strong word. I didn't know that Ginger over there is still calling you Mary, I told him to back-off with the names." He has this cute little frustrated frown in his face, like you're trying to solve a crossword puzzle but can't and you're getting impatient.

"If he still calls you Mary..." he stopped his thought. He looked at me with concern and he nudged me to follow him. He continued, "I'm going to tell you a secret of his, and screw the wrath of Ginny," he was practically talking nonsense. Who's Ginny?

"His last name is Weasley," he whispered to my ear when were hidden behind my car. Look at that. What a big, huge coincidence that is. Ron Weasley. Woah. Then I'm betting Ginny is Ron's sister and his mother or father or both are hardcore Potterheads.

"Stop that!"

"Stop what?"

"You got that evil facial expression, like you are smiling at me. But not a friendly smile; more amused, like it's such a satisfactory to see more people get tortured, hooray!" explained Luke with fear and some pint of amusement.
He continued, "I'm betting there's probably some evil soundtrack playing in the background if we're in a movie. Remind me not to piss you off."

I wonder why he told me Ron's last name. Is he expecting me to call Ron names? I don't know if I could, I mean, I, myself is a huge potterhead and the next generation will be named after legendary fictional characters. Jonathan Christopher and Clarissa will be of course my future children's names and I'll make sure that their friends will be named Isabelle, Simon, Jace, and Alec. My future husband better agree with me in that pace because that's a tie-breaker .

"Gwen!" Luke snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, uh, sorry, happens—"

"All the time, I know," finished Luke.

"LUCIAN!" called over Ron. "Get your smelling butt here."

"Guess that's my cue to go." He started walking away, I kept looking at him walk. He looked back and he had the biggest smile that'll make your heart melt.

"I'll text you later," said Luke, his voice were like angry Hulk, rough and low. I think he's trying to imitate Darth Vader's voice but failed. He was still walking towards Ron and Maxon but backwards.

"I'll count on it!" I said, copying his voice. I was trying to be serious but my giggles took over me.

Footnotes***:

*Ships:  Unrealistic relationships that you love so much but causes you so much pain and misery forcing you to scream "MY FEELS!" while sliding out of your chair because it never comes true even though it's so obvious it should.

**Canon: A pairing that's true to the original work.

***Footnotes are an ancillary piece of information you'll see at the very bottom of the page. It's like this****

****Ha! Made you look.

A/N: THANK YOU FOR WAITING! IT'S STILL NOT MONDAY HERE BUT I FIXED THIS CHAPTER ALREADY SO IT'S OKAY TO PUBLISH IT NOW. I apologize for my use of upper keys. I'm just so excited and happy because there's now a trailer for this book! It's in the chapter called "disclaimer+TRAILER" go and watch it now. If you can't find it, it's here in the beginning of this chapter 😉 therefore you won't miss it. The trailer is made by GlitterandDust7000 thank you once again. (And now I accidentally published this chapter.) anyway, thank you again for waiting. See you at the next update!

❤️M