Chapter 12: A Way Out

"I'm not sure anyone knows what they're looking for until they find it."
— Kiera Cass, The Heir

"Do you think will be stuck here longer?" Luke asked me. To be honest, I'm quite enjoying myself here with his company.

"I think so." I replied, smiling. He saw me smiling, he'll probably think I enjoy his company, which is true but I don't want him to know that so I added quickly, "blizzards are a blast."

"I still need to release my urine though." I said with an impatient voice.

I just realized something, why do I have to tell him? It's not like Luke's a girl and that he'll accompany me in the comfort room.

It was just a habit of mine to ask Esme to escort me to the comfort room because, do you know why girls keep on going to the comfort room with such number? That's because girls learned a lesson from Hermoine Granger to not go to the comfort room alone. You might be attacked by troll if you do. That's why I'm practiced telling someone I need to urinate.

I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the nearest comfort room before Luke could even reply a humorous comment.

"Gwen, wait!" Shouted Luke, running after me when I was far away from him.

I stopped walking to wait for him. "If you don't hurry up, I'm going to explode."

"Alright! Just hold your horse, Gwen." He said in between his breathes.

When we were finally at the comfort room, Luke waited outside whilst I pee. When I was washing my hands I observed my surroundings. I saw a medium-sized rectangular window on the wall in my left.

I wondered if a cat could get in and out, and with that thought, I got an idea if we can use that to get out of the building. Luke'll be happy that we could finally leave.

"Luke!" I called out excitedly when I was done observing, still in the middle of rinsing my hands.

"Yeah?" He shouted back, outside the comfort room.

"Come in here." I said and turned off the closet, drying my hands afterwards with shaking it in the air.

"That's the girls comfort room and you want me to get inside it?"

I snorted softly. "Like you haven't seen the inside of it."

I don't know why or how I can practically talk to him like I've known him for ages. Where was this shy, introverted girl?

"I mean, right? You probably dragged girls to kiss and tell here." I blushed with my use of words. I never talked to someone like this. I didn't even talk like this to Esme, and mind that she's my best friend for years now!

Luke went in the comfort room with his arms crossed. "I do not!"
His eyes looked around, avoiding eye contact with me. "Okay fine, I did." He spoke in an edged voice.

"Why am I here, Gwen? What's so awesome that you want me in here?" He questioned me.

He went near me, face to face, eye to eye. "Want me to kiss you so that you'll tell?" He said in a smutty tone. His eyes lowered  down, focused in my lips to be exact. I stiffened, frozen leaning against the counter top.

I blushed lightly but hid it quickly. "Is this how you get away with girls, Luke? Because I think I've heard otherwise." I said, trying to sound confident.

Mental self-five!
I've thought because I think my comeback was pretty good and because I did sound confident.

I didn't really hear anything about him, but with his playful, flirty-self, and with gathered facts about his reputation in the school, I'm guessing he's a playboy.