Chapter 6: Emergency Dance 'slash' Sing-along Party

"It's the fear of looking stupid that keeps you from being awesome."

— Kiera Cass, The Selection 

"Bismillah! We will not let you go!" I sing out loud, while making some funny faces. "Let him go!" In a pitched voice, Luke echoes.

"Will not let you go!" I sing, smiling at him. "Let me go!" he echoes back again, shrieking.

"Never, never let you go!" We sing in harmony.

"Oh, mama mia, mama mia," I sing like the Queen. "Mama mia, let me go." He echoes back again.

We sing in unison, "Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me."

While Luke plays with his invisible guitar and does some head flips, I sing loudly, "So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye? So you think you can love me and leave me to die?"

I dance crazy like there's no tomorrow. And we sing the rest of the song laughing out loud and dancing.   

How did we end up in this scene, you may ask?

Well, after we were done making bookmarks, he checked his phone and there was two bars of signal. Before he was trying to reach his family, he gave me back my book and let me read. The moment I held my book, I murmured, "there's nothing better than a quiet moment and a wonderful book."

"No Mom, I'm fine." I heard him say.

"Mom, really I'm fine. No, it's not cold here." He snorted, softly.

"Damn it! No signal again." I heard him complain.

He looked at me and called out a hey, catching my attention. So I looked at him. "Signal's out again. Sorry, guess you could call your mom later." He said, sincerely.

Like I didn't have a problem or an important envelope to deliver tonight, I buoyantly shrugged it off.

"I'll let you read on for the meanwhile because I know you're freaking out in the inside." He said, clearly concerned.

After his statement, he never bothered me until I was being weird again.

"Wait, what? What the hell happened to Veronica." I asked myself and flipped the page.

Acknowledgements. The next page is freaking acknowledgements.

"This can't be the end! It can't be! What the!?" I flipped the pages more quickly to find more chapters but there isn't any. I put my book down and silently and dramatically shouted "No".

"What's happening to you?" He asked, scowling at me.

"You gotta read this book to know why I'm being like this." I stood up and walked towards nowhere. "I should've bought the third book already at Amazon!" I tell him, not caring that he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"Where are you going?" He asks worriedly.

"Nowhere. Just need to process what happened." I walked forward and backward, again and again. "Okay stop. You are making my head ache." He went near me and held my shoulder. "Just relax, put your mind off of books first."

Out of nowhere, I randomly said out loud, "emergency dance 'slash' sing-along party!"

"I have my iPod and speakers at my locker, get it." I order him.

***

And that is how we ended up singing Bohemian Rhapsody like we were some random drunk people.

"Luke! Do you know Hey Jude by the--" he interrupts me, "Beatles? Of course I do!"

He stares at me, amazed. "I can't believe you know the Beatles!"

"If you have a Grandfather who loves music, you'll know every old legendary song there is." I smile proudly.

"Girls these days don't even know the song we just sang." He says, dumbfounded.

"You thought I was going to sing out loud a One Direction or a 5 Seconds Of Summer song, didn't you?" I smirk.

"Well a little bit but I could've sworn that you were a Paramore or Ed Sheeran kind of gal. I could've sworn too that you were going to play Bang Bang or Shake It Off." He admits and continues, "you're one of a kind." He smiles genuinely at me.

"I usually listen to old songs while I read but my jam is Taylor Swift." I tell him truthfully. "And what about you?" I add.

"What about me?" He frowns.

"What kind of songs do you play?" I inquire.

"I like--" he stops and grimaces. He asks, "did you just say that your grandfather loves to listen to old songs?"

I corrected him, "old legendary songs, why?"

"Mine too." He says.

I shrug off what he just said. "Of course he does! I mean, he's old. Just a coincidence, silly you."

"That can't be just a big crazy coincidence. May I look at your songs?" He asks and I give him my iPod. "Click the 'Reading Playlist', that's where I put all my grandfather's favorite songs." I inform him.

"Just as what I expected. Is there any chance that your grandfather is Grunkle Todd?" He asks, curious.

My Grandpa's nickname is Todd but Grunkle? Are you serious? "Grunkle Todd?" I question him, still not getting it. "Theodore Cohen." He states.

I scowl at him. "How do you know the name of my Grandpa?" I ask like I'm accusing him of something.

"See? Big crazy coincidence! It's just that my grandfather, uuhh, let's say jams with yours. He goes to my house -- since my grandfather's living at my house -- every once a week for chitchat. They're old friends, actually."

"Your grandfather is Sam?" I say, amazed.

"So you're a Cohen."

"And you're a Gillespi."

We laugh out loud for a while because of a big crazy coincidence.

"I still don't get it why Grunkle Todd's nickname is Todd when his name is Theodore."

"Well, his childhood best friend back then said to him his nickname Ted was confusing -- because there was four Teds at their school -- and not unique. So he gave him a nickname. His parents called him Ted but they eventually got use to calling him Todd after a few years until everyone around him calls him Todd." I explain to him, thoroughly. He nods as an acknowledgement that he understands.

"Why do you call him Grunkle?" I ask him, puzzled.

"Grandpa Sam told me to call him Uncle but Grunkle Todd refused, he said he's not my blood uncle and that his old and awesome," -- I giggle when he said that Grandpa Todd stated he was awesome, he's like a hippie -- "So he said "Call me 'Grunkle Todd' because I'm kind of like your Great Grand Uncle and I'm Great. Great plus Uncle equals Grunkle" he said that while chuckling how genius he was to make that one up." He makes it clear to me.

"Your Grandpa's awesome." He stated.

"I know."

A/N: So, what do you think? Anyone here knows the song they just sang along with? If you don't know that song, you should listen to it, it's pretty good.
Thank you for being reading this story, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. T-T-F-N, Ta ta for now!