Chapter 27: A Night Off

"Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can."
Nicholas Sparks

Mom, Dad, Auntie and Uncle went home earlier than we thought. My Aunt and Uncle with their kids went home after having dinner of lasagna that Charlotte wonderfully cooked.

I didn't want to be disturbed at all as I've planned out my entire afternoon and evening. And that was reading till dawn or rather playing my favorite game called "how many chapters I could read before my eyes closes for good."

Yet my mother bugged me to come down and "interact" with my cousins and Aunt before they leave. I don't understand why I should since I just spent the last two days with Mike, Fi, and Sam.
Charlotte wasn't able to eat with us since she needed to be back to her university which was five hours away from our town.

After eating dinner, I said goodbye to Mike, Fi, Sam, and their parents, and told them to visit us again soon. Off the records, I wasn't sincere when I said that.

Finally, I was ready to escape reality however I found dad watching a movie on television. I saw Adam Sandler so I couldn't resist joining in to watch with dad even though I have no idea what's the movie.

"Dad, what's the movie?" I asked when I was settled sitting on the couch beside him.

"Click."

"About?"

"A guy gave him a magic remote where you could fast forward time or pause. Or you could mute reality when you're wife's nagging you which is what's happening right now." He explained, chuckling.

"Gwen?" He called my name after later. "Do you want some popcorn?" He asked.

"Mhm.." I considered his question first.

Pro: YAY POPCORN!
Con: of course, I will get it.

Tempting... I would gladly get the popcorn but I was strangely lazy at the moment to stand up and walk.

"No." I answered at last.

"I want some," dad said. "Get some." He flashed a grin at me.

"But-"

"Mesa want popcorn."

"Fine," I groaned.

"Dad," I said when I was back from the kitchen.

"Mh?" He hummed, his attention was half from me and the television.

"We should re-marathon the series of films of Back to the Future." I said, randomly. He nodded in reply.

Watching with my father a movie or a tv show together, we do that a lot before. And I miss it.

"Do you want me to finish watching The Secret Circle too?" he asked, all of a sudden.

"You," I said and gasped. "You still haven't finished watching it?" I cried out.

"It's not my fault. You wanted me to watch How To Get Away With Murder, How I Met Your Mother, hmm what more? New Girl, Once Upon a Time..." he went on rambling more tv shows. "Should I forget stating that I have a job to support you, your sister, and your mother, my family?" he asked rhetorically.

I just laughed at him. Fun memories flooded my mind.

❤️❤️❤️

Luke: YOU! What are you doing tomorrow after school?

It was almost midnight when I heard my phone ding. I was finishing reading a book. I checked my phone, causing me to bookmark my book first before closing it. The one who sent me the message was Luke. His question caused me to shake my head slightly. That's an obvious answer.