Chapter 15|Part 2: Group Projects

*Ron is the picture above. I don't really know how to pick in actors so.... here's the next best thing*

"Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can."
― Nicholas Sparks

Ron A. K. A Weasley boy grinned when he noticed that the empty chair was beside me. Well, that's kind of weird. Before he sat down, he removed his backpack first and put it on the floor.

"Hi, Mary." he quietly greeted, and I cringed when he called me Mary. When will this ever stop? I mentally groaned.

In the background, Mr. Tiberius called Anna, a ginger smart girl, to recall the topic last meeting. "Last meeting we—"

"Excellent!" Mr. Tiberius spoke loudly, he didn't even let Anna to finish her sentence. Anna looked frustrated with Mr. Tiberius. He was always like this when he's in a happy mood, we students prefer him in a happy mood but he's irritating. He teaches us a lot, unfortunately, he uses fear to discipline us and threatens our grades.

"Oh, sorry my dear, you haven't said word yet, haven't you?" he asked Anna, grinning like a madman.

Anna nodded. "Okay, continue then." Mr. Tiberius gave her the floor.

"We learned in the past meeting that..." Anna's voice became distraught because Ron was calling me, loud enough for only us to hear and he was trying to get my pen. "Mary! MARY!"

I tightened the grip of my pen. "What?!" I stared at him widely. Gods, he hasn't even said a word yet but I know deep down he'll probably say something that'll get me annoyed.

"Nothing," he spoke innocently. Thank the gods that he let go of my pen because if he didn't I'll probably explode. "On second thought, what are you doing this Friday night?"

Friday night was release night of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. My whole family and I are going. My parents are big fans of that franchise, they almost named Charlotte Leia and me Padmé, not that I wouldn't mind.

"Something that won't include you," I said, not looking at him.

"Let's change that then. Me and you, dinner at Weston's."

I looked at him like I was touched that he invited me. It gave him hope, but then again he looked like he thinks that I will say yes.

"I've been told that a bald reason of an invitation is rude and one must offer up a polite excuse so, I'd love to go but, that sounds awful." I smiled at him sincerely.

I listened to the class again. Mr. Tiberius started talking about a trio group project. I hated group projects. I hate them so much. Not only will I do all the work, I had to interact with them. Why can't they just let me do the work individually? Why not just give it to me? I don't want my grade to be defined to the person who's beside me. They're amateurs. Unfortunately, the moment he said group project, the class cried "yay!"

"Groups are by three," Mr. Tiberius said. "You, you and you," he pointed at three students in the sitting in the front row. "You, you and you," he pointed at random students now.

I was fine with the project now, I was hopeful to get Anna and Angel because the two of them are really responsible and not hard to reach. My hope was crushed the moment Mr. Tiberiaus pointed at me, Ron and Maxon. I silently groaned and palmed my face. A few minutes later, he was done grouping and now explaining the project.

"Does anyone hear knows Bloody Mary?" Mr. Tiberius asked us, the room went silent— the room was already in silence expect for his booming voice but I think it's possible for silence to be silence-er.

What does Bloody Mary had to do with the project?

"I guess we'll be group buddies, Mary." Ron leaned in to me and continued, "May I borrow your pen, Mary?" he whispered.

"No, you cannot borrow my pen RON," I put emphasis in his name, "and for the last time, it's Gwen!"

"Yes, Gwen?" Mr. Tiberius called out my name suddenly.

Apparently my name boomed out the room. All faces looked at me. "I..."

"Is your butt heavy for you not to stand up?" he asked me halfheartedly. I stood up immediately.

"Pardon?" I said with sympathy.

"Ronald!" Mr. Tiberius called out therefore Ron stood up quickly, "enlighten Gwendolyn to our fair topic."

I was surprised when Ron knew the answer. "You asked us if we know a Blood Mary." Ron glanced at me and winked.

Mr. Tiberius nodded for him to sit down and looked at me. I quietly cleared my throat and my thoughts as well.

"From what I remember—" I was cut off.

"Correct!" he clapped his hands. I gritted my teeth and sat down. Now I can't tell which Tiberius is better, the one who is PMSing that he questions everything and expects a correct answer or this hyper Tiberius.

From my back, a hand was raised and he was called.

"Not to be rude or anything, but I think Gwen here haven't answered the question yet." Maxon exhaled.

Not only did I grit my teeth, I was clenching my fists too. Why can't he be quiet? I was annoyed that he interrupted me but I felt relieved too because I didn't know what to answer.

"And you are?" Mr. Tiberius questioned him, it was evident in his face that he was bothered that someone interrupted him.

"Maxon," he inquired. Mr. Tiberius walked towards his desk and collected a folder, a violation report folder, to be exact.

"Surname?" he specifically asked.

"Gillepsi."

A/N: I am so sorry for not updating, I got stuck with school works and I'm dying over here! Anyway, thank you for waiting and still reading. You silent readers, I love you and even though you guys are silent, it still warms my heart that you're still reading beyond this point. I apologize for any grammatical errors, this is not edited. I would love to hear your thoughts below the comment section. Thank you again and see you at the next chapter!