Chapter 22: Missing SMS

"Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong."
— Rick Riordan

The weekend went by too fast. Before I got snowed in school, my weekends always last long enough for me to finish two or three books.

On Saturday morning, Ron texted me— I don't know how he got my number, I'm pretty sure my phone was with me all day yesterday. Maybe he got it from Luke —that Sir Tiberius emailed Maxon the deadline of the project will be due after winter break. Therefore we could lay off the work until winter break starts. He and Maxon wants to start to do the work on break. I tried to protest but Ron wasn't listening. He said too that he had fun last night, he hoped he could hang out with me and my cousins in the near future. Yeah, right. Like that would happen again.

Luke's MIA ever since Ron stepped in my house last night until now. I texted him before I went to sleep, after I woke up, and when I was eating breakfast with my cousins and my sister. I was waiting for Luke's response so every time my phone vibrate, I quickly look at my phone and then be disappointed that it was only Ron.

My sister, Charlotte was already home before I even woke up. Thank the gods of Olympus for that because if Sam cries and Fi and Mike are sleeping, I have no idea what to do.

After the vibration, instead of putting my phone back to my pocket, which I usually do, I put it on top of the table, beside my cereal bowl. Taking quick glances at it.

"Stop pestering your phone." Charlotte said, looking annoyed. "We all agreed no reading while eating."

"I'm not reading." I said defensively. I shoved my spoon in my mouth.

"Oh my god, GWEN!" Her eyes widened, excitement filled her motions. "Are you telling me you're waiting for a boy to reply?!"

How did she got that theory? Maybe I was texting Esme and waiting for an important response?

I never really understood the statement, "she blushed like a tomato." Now I know. I bet I look like a tomato right now. Mike and Fi were oblivious from our conversation because they're still sleepy.

"I'M RIGHT?" She asked me, or more likely herself. "Don't be embarrassed, Gwenny! Come on, tell me something about him."

I am not having this conversation with my sister. I only told Esme about Luke and it went crazy. She got all excited like what is happening to Charlotte right now. It was really weird and overwhelming.

When I didn't answer my sister, she abruptly stood up and snatched my phone before I could even process what she was doing. She was sitting across me by the way. I stood up and ran over to her. The moment she saw me stood up, she immediately bolted to her bedroom and locked her door.

"NO!" I cried. I kept turning her doorknob.

"Is it Ron?" She pestered me from the other side of the door. I can imagine her scrolling through my messages. I don't delete since I have nothing to hide and she knows the passcode of my phone so she has no trouble snooping it.

"Stop it, Charlotte! HAVE SOME PRIVACY!" I tried not to scream so loud since Sam was sleeping upstairs.

"I think not." She said to herself, regarding to her Ron question. "You're just talking about school work. You don't even sound enthusiastic to talk to him." She huffed halfheartedly.

While I knocked on her door, pleading for her to give my phone back, she kept on saying her thoughts out loud.

"Oooh! Who's this Luke?
....I see that you're talking about books and what you guys did...
...Oh my god! He's flirting to you and you're so oblivious about it..."