Chapter 30: Mondays

"And in the end, we were all just humans... drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."
— F. Scott Fitzgerald

Monday sucked. Not sucked like I got mad, but sucked like sad. I was stuck in last period, Home Economics with Mr. Condé and it was boring as hell.

The day started pretty well but then, when I had free time, I finished reading a book and it got messy.

I was texting Luke back and forth when I stepped on campus territory.

Luke: Tell me something that'll make me hot

I was surprised by his text. I've think it clear before replying.

Gwen: The rate of global warming been increasing by nearly 3x as much over the last three decades.

Luke: Now that made me hot! Thanks!

I laughed carelessly then someone patted me from my back so I shrieked.

"Just me!" said a familiar voice. Ron.

Weirdly, when I looked at him, I smiled. "Hey, Ron."

"Mary, what in God's name are you wearing?" He asked and eyed my clothes. I just shrugged as a response.

Oddly, I wasn't normally dressed like I used to.

Today, I felt like wearing a collared dress that was two inches below my knees. Yet, I was still wearing a sweater. I love sweaters even when some days are hot.

Okay, let me back up. After I hung up Luke last night, I didn't really sleep. I was scared of falling asleep, in a vivid dream, dreaming of not dreaming but really dreaming and waking up that you couldn't tell which is reality. Not knowing which is reality? That's pretty scary than clowns.

The scariest thing out there is not having control over your mind. Not knowing which is true or not.

Anyway, because I didn't want to sleep, I read instead.

People saying that "read a book, so you could sleep," they are so lying.  I mean, if you read a book, and you get to the conflict part, what are you supposed to do? Close the book?
Hell no!
You read further on until you finish the book.

So back to reading, I tried continuing reading Red Queen by  Victoria Aveyard, but my mind was too off so I tried reading Sophie Kinsella's book called, Remember Me.

After a few chapters, my mind gave up. So I started watching this awesome show called, The Magicians. It was super awesome, I couldn't sleep, that I finished three episodes.

Basically, I slept only for two hours.

And long story short, I did not dress up for Luke to ever notice me. I dressed up because I admired Alice and I was really fond of her clothing.

There is something in my mind, quietly whispering that I am so lying to myself.

"Have you seen Luke? Ron asked.

I shook my head meekly.

"Had Luke asked you if you'll join us?" He asked and I raised my right eyebrow.

"Are you mute or something?" He said, pretty annoyed.

I rolled my eyes and said, "I just didn't want to use my voice. Do you mean if Luke asked me about Maxon's welcoming party?"