Chapter 20: Lifestyle & Religion

"Things don't always work out the way we hope. You just have to pick yourself up and find a new direction to go in."
— Joelle Charbonneau

The whole household were in the living room with Ron. Ron was telling Mike, Fi, and Sam, all his rebellious "fascinating" stories in an SPG way, not caring to filter his use of words. Horrified, Gwendolyn was. She doesn't want her Aunt Julie knowing that her children knew things and some inappropriate words because of her niece. And that is why Gwendolyn Cohen died. She couldn't bear knowing that her...

Okay, back to reality. That wouldn't happen. Deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep. really deep down, I know Ron wouldn't do that to me.

"...said something about his dog dying or something."

"What?" I said in confusion. Whose dog died? My eyes suddenly widened, a dog died?!
I blinked twice to alternate reality. God, is this really happening?

"It's okay, Mary. We could just do the filming without Maxon."

And the pieces of the puzzle finally fitted. Maxon's dog died so he couldn't come.

"Send him my condolence." I muttered.

Ron went inside my house without any invitation. Well that's really rude.

I wanted to say, "Yes, Ron. Of course you could come in." But I didn't and I just ignored his "etiquette".

"Do you want a glass of water or a juice?" I asked in reflex. I only have Esme as a visitor and even though she practically lives here, I always offer her a drink whenever she's here.

"No thanks," replied Ron.

"Sorry about the place," I said. "I forgot I'll have company so I didn't polish up." I gestured the books I read and haven't read I left everywhere. My mom kept on asking me to pick them up and hoard them in my room but I tend to forget since I read everywhere.

"It's fine," he shrugged. He observed the living room. He looked at the book on the coffee table titled, 50 Shades of Grey. He grinned. "Getting kinky, huh?"

I blushed. "M-m-my sist-t-ter is the one readi-i-ing it." I stuttered.

He just shook his head chuckled. Okay, what the hell does that mean? I wasn't lying! Charlotte was really the one reading it, not me. I'm not ashamed of what I read. Need a change of topic.

"Okay, so about the filmi—" I paused. "Wait, why filming? What exact topic will we do?!"

"Maxon said we'll do a tourist video showing the Philippines." He began to explain.

"The Philippines?"

"The country Maxon got." He said, making himself comfortable on our couch.

"What? How?"

"Well, Sir Tiberius picked representatives for each group before the class started. He saw Maxon and made him our "leader"."

I furrowed my eyebrows. I don't know if that should make me feel better. I'm not the leader-type but that doesn't mean I don't like taking things in control. Now I don't have any reach of control.

"Okay." I said at last.

"I know what you're thinking," he stated.

You do?

"Maxon shouldn't be the leader if he can't even attend a group meeting," he said in a girly voice. I take it his trying to imitate me. "Well, Mary, Maxon is super smart and has the skills. I'm vouching for him. He knows what's his doing so we better just follow him."