Chapter 4

Rachael's PoV

My dad sat me and Ethan down in this office which was quite spacious as he gathered all the information he needed to talk to me about.

"Okay princess I'm going to give you a brief idea of all this and you will receive more detail along the way" said my dad.

I just nodded my head in response hinting for my dad to begin.

"This soulmate stuff has been happening for quite some time and has happened to your great grandparents, grandparents and your mum since it skipped me. Ethan is also what we are and before you get any more confused than you already are, we aren't human. However this isn't one of those vampire or Werewolf stories where you have to get bitten to join us or anything; it's in your blood.
We're Naturals.
We can run fast, have good senses of smell, hearing and sight. Our eyes also change colour depending on our emotions which is why yours do and we heal cuts and marks quite quickly but nothing big like a deep stab. Each of us have a special ability but we don't really find out what our abilities are till we find our soulmates. Your mother's ability is being able to heal things that our bodies can't heal quickly for example a gunshot wound in the leg. She found out about this when she was 5 and I fell over at the playground which is where we met. I had gotten a deep cut and it wasn't healing so she placed her hand on it and asked if I was okay. That's when the cut healed on its own. We then rushed to our parents and told them what happened. They explained to us in a much simpler way what we were but thought it was best to keep us apart till we were older. Then we got a better explanation of what we were.
My ability is my wisdom when it comes to circumstances and also my ability to fight well better than anyone else. For example I am able to figure out the next move of an enemy sometimes through tapping into their minds but I can't do that all the time. This is why I'm the king of all naturals. I have the abilities to protect our kind and many other species through all that I have been taught by my parents. You will be able to do the same.
Okay I think that's enough for now have you got any questions?" My dad asked.

I digested what my dad had said.

I looked from Ethan to my dad then back to Ethan.

It doesn't look like they're joking.

I then looked around his office.

Nope no hidden cameras here.

"I have many questions but I guess I'll ask them some other time. It's going to ale me some time to process all of this."

My dad nodded his head in understanding waiting for me to continue.

"Question one for today is: What did you mean when you did do would be doing the same?" I asked.

"I mean that you're the next Queen of Naturals which means you'll have the power that your mother and I have." He replied.

"Okay but let's say I accept Ethan as my soulmate, hypothetically speaking, wouldn't he have more power than me since he would be the King?"

"Not necessarily as you're next in line seeing as you have our blood running through your veins so you would have more power than Ethan even if he is the King."

Then I looked straight at Ethan's ice blue eyes directing my questions at him and asked, "How do you know I'm yours?"

Ethan smirked again as if he knew I was going to ask that question. "Well I first saw you walk into the canteen at lunch on the 6th of September-"

"You remember the exact date?" I interrupted.

"Yes I do. As I was saying, I saw you walk into the canteen with your friends and I noticed everything about you all of a sudden and let me tell you I don't take notice of girls till you came along. Yes I was a bit of a d*ck.
When I saw you, I noticed how cute you looked in your clothes, your figure and face and then finally your bright green eyes which were green at the time since you were happy. Once I saw those eyes I knew in my heart and mind that you were my soulmate."

I stood there speechless. "T-then how does my dad know all this and is fine with it?" I asked after finally had the courage to speak after receiving all this information.

"Princess, I wouldn't really have a choice since the choice is really yours and Ethan's. Also Ethan came and found me straight after he figured out you were his soulmate. He came and told me what he just told you and I approve. I have faith in him and I have been keeping an eye on him as well as the way he acts. He has made an effort so I thought that I should give him a chance. Still, the choice is up to you." Replied my dad.

"Ethan what does he mean by it's our choice?" I asked.

"Your dad means that we don't have to be together. Just because we're soul mates doesn't mean we have to be the ones that end up with each other. We can reject each other and then find other people. However if someone was to do that, they end up hurting each other." Said Ethan.

I gasped when I heard the part about the pain both soulmates could give to each other. That's upsetting considering the way I've seen my parents act; it's beautiful. I have always wanted something similar to what they have.

Ethan smiled at my reaction, which looked cute. Wait did I just say that?

"Thanks, although I think I'm rather sexy not cute. I do think you're cute though." Replied Ethan smirking his sexy smirk.

I groaned and said, "I just spoke my thoughts out loud didn't I?"

Ethan replied with a "yep" making a popping sound on the p.

"Oh and Rach you don't have to worry. I'm not going to turn you down. I wouldn't want to; you're everything I could ask for in a soulmate." said Ethan.

I looked into his ice blue eyes to see a small hint of him lying but all I saw was sincerity.

I smiled at him and responded with a "thank you" and a big hug which I guess took him by surprise. He hugged me back but soon enough it was over because I decided to pull away.

However my body didn't really want to listen to my mind and actually missed Ethan's body heat.

"Right" said my dad "I've got some business to attend to so I'll see you guys later Ethan you remember what we've talked about right?"

Ethan nodded a yes and saluted to my dad whilst smiling at me making me smile back.

"Okay well you know what you have to do.
Another thing, Ethan this is the father side of me talking and I know I've told you think before but if you hurt my daughter you know what is coming."

"Yes I know you don't have to worry about me hurting Rach." Replied Ethan.

"Good." Said my dad.

Then he turned to me. "I'll see you later princess."

"Wait you're leaving me with him?" I said.

My dad just chuckled and kissed the top of my head. Then he said, "Goodbye," and left.

"So babe ready for our first date?" Asked Ethan.

//////////////////////////

So what do you think of this chapter? You guys have now been introduced to the species I have made up: Naturals. I hope the description I've given of them is enough.

Vote⭐️ Comment💬 Share📲
Thanks for reading ❤️