Chapter 21

Rachael

It's Thursday and here I am after school helping rest of the events committee that we have decorate our largest gym for the Halloween dance.

I know what you're thinking largest gym? Helping?

Well my school has two guys. One for sports such as basketball and another much smaller for sports such as volleyball and badminton.

Now about me helping with the decorations. I'll admit it's not my thing. Helping out would mean I have to stay at school longer than normal. It would also mean I would have to listen to others telling me what to do and I don't really appreciate being bossed around.
If I had a choice I wouldn't be doing this. I would rather be at home watching teen wolf on Netflix but no I have to be here. It's not even my fault. It's actually Ms Longfield's fault for being a complete and utter bitch.

2 hours before.

"Okay class settle down." Said Ms Longfield straightening out her blouse.

"Cough whore cough." I said quietly so only the few people around me heard. That made the few people around me laugh quietly.

"Silence." Screamed Ms Longfield. Then she looked directly at me. Shit.

I looked straight at her. If I looked away she would think it was me even though it was. She doesn't know that.

Once everyone was quiet we got on with her boring lesson. Talking about sex after marriage and how her daughter followed her faith. Blah blah blah. This isn't an autobiography. We don't want to know what happened to your daughter go tell someone who cares.

"Sorry for not publishing my autobiography Miss Jones see me after class." She said to me.

Shit I said that out loud. Oh well the truth hurts.

She carried on with her class and I did the work so she wouldn't give me a bad grade on my report.
Soon enough the bell rang signalling class was over.

I sighed and made my way to the front for the lecture to come. But instead Ms Longfield said "You're helping decorate the gym no buts dismissed."
Then I left.

Present

Yeah I know I called her a whore then said she was boring but it's true. She came to our lesson lips slightly swollen, hair a bit messed from a hand running through it and her blouse in a weird position.

It's not my fault she wants to have a make out session with a student 7 years younger than her especially at school. What's wrong with having a relationship with an adult as oppose to a teenager.

Which brings me to helping out in the gym for to tomorrow. Right now we're putting up fake webs and glow in the dark orange streamers around the top bit of the walls. There's also these other people that are helping me as Daisy, the head of the events committee, walks around making sure everything is as she imagined.

"James and Rachael could you move that streamer in your hands a bit to the left." She asked.

That what me and the guy helping me, James did as asked by Daisy before she said perfect.

Next we had to hang dark orange lanterns from the ceiling before putting fake orange pumpkins around the hall.

"Now all we have to do is the table and the decorations for them." Said Daisy looking at her clipboard.

So far the gym looked cool with the decorations that hung from the walls and ceilings.

I still wish I was at home. It's not as if the events committee wouldn't be able to decorate without my help. I swear I'm going to get Ms Longfield back. I could fill her perfume with a corrosive substance from the science lab which will irritate her skin tomorrow. Yeah I'll do that before I leave.