Chapter 29 part 2

Rachael's PoV

I walked out of my science class alongside Kate and we walked to our next lesson which was maths. Unfortunately, Kate was in a different class but Sam and Connor would be in my maths.

"See you at lunch." I said to Kate as we stood outside my maths class.

"See ya." She replied before walking to her own maths class.

I walked into the classroom and sat down next to my partner Sonny.

"Hi." I said to her as I was bringing my equipment out of my bag.

"Hey." She replied.

"Okay class," said my maths teacher Mr Carter "I've organised all of you into groups of three for a project based on statistics."

As the word statistics left his mouth, the atmosphere was filled with moans and groans.

"Oh shush. I'm going to give you two math lessons do complete your project. If you need more time, you will have to do it at home as I want the completed project handed to me by Friday. That gives you three days to complete it as well as two lessons. Now on the board are your groups. Find your name and sit on a table with your group." He said.

I looked on the board to see I was paired with Sam and Beth. Oh great.

I walked over to Sam's desk and sat opposite him whilst  Beth sat next to him.

"Jones." Said Sam nodding his head at me.

"Old man." I replied.

"Ha ha you're such a comedian." He replied.

"Yeah she is isn't she." Said Beth also laughing. Well it wasn't a laugh it was more like a 'I'm going to agree with everything Sam says and not make it seem awkward,' fake laugh.

"I was being sarcastic." Said Sam in a monotone voice.

"I knew that silly," She replied smacking his arm lightly. "I was just going along with it."

I copied Beth's weak attempt of flirting by lightly slapping the air as if it was Sam's arm. Then I made a facial expression of someone swooning putting my hands together and placing them I get my chin.

I looked at Sam to see him stifling a laugh and Beth still looking at him.

"Okay guys." Said my teacher, "Here are the packs you need for your projects. You may begin."

I took all the sheets of paper out of the pack and shared it equally between us.

"Okay guys. Just complete the worksheets given and then we'll put our work together at the end." I said taking charge.

"Okay. Wait I don't want to do simple and compound interest." Said Sam.

"Oh it's okay I'll switch with you." Said Beth.

Once they switched sheets I asked "Any more issues?"

They both shook their heads so we began working.

Whilst we were working I heard Sam quietly whisper "You'll make a good natural Queen."

Good thing Beth didn't hear the part about 'naturals Queen' or she would have made a big deal about what it was.

"Thank you." I replied so only he could hear.

30 minutes later, I had finished two of my three worksheets. I looked up at the clock to see that we had five minutes till the bell would ring for lunch.