Chapter 28

Rachael's PoV

It's my birthday, it's my birthday and I'mma spend my money.

I moved my hand around my bedside table till I found my phone. Then I used my finger to press the snooze button.

Yes I know where the snooze button is on my phone since I've had to press it so many times before.

However the song didn't stop. I opened one eye to see two faces in front of me making me yelp.

"Happy birthday." Said my parents at the same time.

"Happy birthday to me too." I said sleepily before lying back down closing my eyes.

Then my eyes shot open.

"It's my birthday." I said at the same time as the song.

"Yes it is." Said my dad laughing at my realisation.

"Blow out your candles sweetheart." Said my mum placing a cake in front of me.

The cake had a thin layer of buttercream on top with pieces of chocolate flakes around the edge. Then it had rainbow sprinkles in the shape of hearts on top of the buttercream.

I closed my eyes and blew out my candles like my mum asked.

"Did you make a wish?" Asked my dad.

"Yup." I replied with a smile. 

Every year I make the same wish which is to give my birthday wish to someone else because I never know what to wish for and if I did, I would probably waste it.

"Now time for a slice of cake and then presents." Said my dad, who held the cake, as my mum cut a slice.

Then my mum placed it on a plate and handed it to my dad first.

The inside of the cake looked better than the outside. It was a marble sponge cake with chocolate icing in between. I know it sounds filling but I doubt it really is.

I sat up properly and turned my head to look at my dad who put cake onto my face. There was icing and bits of cake on my left cheek as well as my dad's right hand.

My face went from happy and tired to shocked and tired making my dad burst out laughing.

"Dad." I said slightly annoyed.

Then I heard the click of a camera so I directed my attention to my mum.

"Mum." I said with the same tone.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but your facial expression was kind of funny." She replied.

"Okay I'm done." Said my dad looking back up at me before he bursts out laughing again.

My mum slapped my dad at the back of his head before taking the slice of cake from him and turning to me.

"Happy birthday sweetheart." She said before feeding me a small bit from the slice.

"Thank you mum." I replied once I had finished eating the piece.

"Your welcome. Now get dressed and come downstairs for breakfast." She said before grabbing my dad's hand and dragging him out of the room.

As they were walking out I heard my mum say to my dad "You're so silly sometimes."

He replied "But you love me anyways."

I got out of bed and walked closer to hear their conversation better.

"Yeah right." Replied my mum. I bet she rolled her eyes.