Chapter 10

"It is done." Said Alex.

Did it work? I said I'm my head.

Yes it did babe. Spoke a cocky voice. Ethan.

"My work here is done I will see you soon Rachael, Ethan, Victoria and Steven." Addressed Alex.
We all said goodbye before the room was once again left in silence.

"I want you guys to be careful and make sure no one else finds out apart from Rachael's protectors. I know I'm repeating myself but you guys will soon be a target which is why you guys being soul mates has to be kept on the low." Said my dad.
Me and Ethan nodded our heads. "Well I better get going. Goodbye Victoria and Steven." Said Ethan shaking my parents' hands.

Ah no formalities? I thought that's what the guy does when they first meet the girl's parents. I said testing out the communication link.

I'm special. Was Ethan's reply.

Yeah 'special' I replied, picturing those quotation things I do with my fingers, so Ethan could see.

I got a light push in return.
Then Ethan pulled me in for a hug. I could smell his after shave and breathed it in. Is it just me or did it smell really good?
He then kissed my forehead and left in his car to get home.

My mum rushed up to me and pulled me into a tight hug as soon as she heard his car leave. "Aww you guys are so cute my baby is all grown up." She said with excitement laced in her voice. My cheeks blushed and all I felt was embarrassment.

Why do you feel embarrassed? Asked Ethan through the mind connection.

I replayed what just happened between me and my mum hoping that Ethan saw it in my mind.

He laughed in my mind. Or in his I still can't work that bit out yet.

Tell her I said thanks and you look cute when you blush. He replied.
That made me blush even more so I told him to focus on driving not me and left his mind since he was almost home.

My mum was staring at me in amusement. "What?" I asked.
"What did Ethan say?" She asked instead.
"How did you know I was talking to him and not suffocating from that hug?" I asked.
"You had a smile on your face and you blushed." She finally answered.
"He said thank you." I answered. She nodded her head as if she knew what I was talking about.

It amazes me how my parents are so cool with this. Like I'm only sixteen. My dad should be wanting to hunt Ethan down right now if he didn't know him and my mum would be bombarding me with millions of questions.

"It's getting late now I think we should get to bed Rachael had school tomorrow." Said my dad.

I looked out the window from what he said. It was dark. The moon was lighting up the dark midnight sky. It can't be that late. Me and Ethan got back around 5. I checked the clock that was above the fire place in the living room. It said 10:20. Wow that bonding ritual took 5 hours.

I nodded my head and said goodnight to my parents kissing them both on the cheeks before walking upstairs to my room. I put on mint green penguin pjs and brushed my teeth. As I walked back out from my bathroom I saw my mum sitting on my bed.

"Mum is everything all right?" I asked.
"Come take a seat I've got something to talk to you about." She said patting the spot beside her.
I sat down and waited for her to talk.

It was silent. I actually thought she was just messing with me until she started talking breaking the tense silence.

"I know today is a lot to take in and if you ever need a place to get away from all this or if you feel something is wrong and you need a place to escape to for some time or even for a holiday just call me and I'll fix you up. The money won't matter. As long as you're happy." She said.

That explains why she doesn't mind me and Ethan being a couple and that. She wants me happy. I pulled her into a big hug. "Thank you mum I love you." I said.
"I love you too Rachael. Now get some sleep." She said.

I nodded my head and got into bed. Once she got to the door she turned back and said "Oh and Rachael keep an open mind about all this." then left.

//////////////////////////

This is not much of a good chapter but I wanted to get Sunday over with before jumping to Monday and school. There are some parts in this chapter wherein foreshadow what is to come. Any guesses?
Thanks for reading 💜