Chapter 23

Rachael's PoV

One week later and here we are back at school. I still can't believe how quickly the holidays went. I didn't even do that much in that week.

On Monday I stayed in and watched Teen Wolf on Netflix since Ethan wanted to find out more about Candy. But luckily I had a bit of Dylan O'Brien and Tyler Posey to keep me company.

Tuesday morning till Wednesday evening I stayed over at Candy's and we had a sleepover with Kate and Julie. We did invite Amy but she went on holiday to Hawaii for a week.
At Candy's we pigged out on junk food and lots of movies.

Wednesday after the sleepover I went out shopping with my parents since they've been really busy and we haven't seen much of each other. Shopping was actually funny considering a seagull decided to swoop in and take some of my dad's chips whilst we were eating outside. It was especially funny when my dad decided to have a tug of war with the bird over a few chips.

Dad let the bird have the chips you have more. I said to him watching the battle that my dad was sure to lose.

Those precious chips are mine. The ones in the basket are not enough. He replied.

In the end the bird won as it pecked my dad's hand making him let go of the food.

At least I know who I get my love of food from.

Thursday I stayed in sweats the whole day and just sorted out my room.

Friday I watched some movies with Ethan before we attempted to do our homework. In the end Ethan bugged me too much so we ended up cuddling leaving the homework for another day.

Saturday was another sweatpants day. I just stayed at home listening to music and reading. I ended up reading both Paper Towns and The Fault in our Stars by John Green for a second time.

Then finally the last day of the holidays. The day that most people wish never came. The day before school started again.

Sunday.

Luckily for me Sunday was a lot better than I thought.

Flashback

"Come on Rachael I need you to get up now." Said my mum walking into my bed room.

"Okay." I said still in bed.

"If you don't wake up soon all of the waffles will be eaten and none will be left for you." She said.

I jumped out of bed at the thought of waffles.

My mum makes the best waffles and she also fills bowls with different toppings which we can add to our waffles.
There would be strawberry, blueberry, raspberry and banana pieces, Nutella, syrup, sugar and granola.

I brushed my teeth and ran downstairs still in my pyjamas adding some fluffy socks on the way down. Thank god I didn't trip or I would've miss out on the waffles.

"Look who decided to get up." Said my dad looking up from his newspaper.

"Morning dad." I said taking a seat opposite him.

"Morning. Are you ready for some waffles?" He asked.

"Born ready." I replied.

Every two weeks a month, my parents stay home in the mornings till 11am for us to eat waffles together. It's now a tradition.