Chapter 6

Rachael's PoV

We walked passed tables with people chatting and enjoying their food. In the air I could smell many spices and what seemed like steamed meat but mostly spices. This made my mouth water. The food looked and smelt delicious.

"Ethan I don't want you paying for me at a restaurant as good as this."

"Don't worry I've done this restaurant a favour and I know the owner so even then I wouldn't be paying as much." He replied.

"Does this favour have something to do with my surprise?" I asked curiously.

"Maybe" he replied with a smile.

I nodded my head in a way of saying okay.

We then walked down a spiral staircase to a basement that had many tables and chairs around. Ethan turned the lights on so I could see the room better.

It was a dark oak, wooden room that was quite spacious with some tables and chairs which restaurant normally have. However this room looked as if it hadn't been used yet.

We walked around the room till we stopped in front of a wall that was covered in a black sheet.

"Okay so before I take this sheet off I need you to know that this was made for you so I hope you like it." Said Ethan.

"T-thank you b-but why did you make it for me?" I asked.

"Because you're my soulmate and I thought you might like it." He replied.

"You didn't know I was your soulmate before so how did you get this done?"

"I just worked hard on it. You ready to see it?"

I nodded my head.

I was actually quite excited to see what Ethan had made for me. 

The black sheets were pulled off which then revealed a colourful painting. The paining showed a street with faint people walking in it. Mouth wide open I was gobsmacked at what I saw. At what Ethan painted.

"Judging by your expression in guessing you like it?" He stated.

"I don't like it, I love it." I replied.
"What does it mean to you?" I asked.

"Well I thought that it could mean the start of something new. I think that you can stare at this picture and its many colours and day dream and get lost in a whole new world. It's like a place where you can do whatever you want. I put in faint people so others can get lost in with others." He replied.

"Beautiful."

"So are you" he said smirking.

I blushed and said "Ah back to the cheesy lines I see."
He smiled at me.

"Seriously Ethan your art is amazing."

"It's just a hobby I guess but once I found out you're my soulmate my like persona changed as if you're the trigger. I suddenly became this person that wanted to do something for you. Before I saw you I wasn't exactly the person you see before me." He said

"Then what were you?" I asked.

"Let's not talk about my past right now." He said

Looking into his ice blue eyes I saw that he was struggling with something so I let that topic go for now and instead grabbed his hand.
"Thank you for this." I said and kissed his cheek.

He smirked and then said "Let's get to our date."

I think Ethan surprised me after I saw the painting. During the date me and Ethan talked about practically anything but we both knew to steer away from talk of our pasts. I guess we just haven't learned to trust each other with everything but then again we've literally just meet.