Chapter 20

The sound of shuffling awoke Rachael from her slumber. She sat up and rubbed her eyes before looking at the culprit. "Ethan." She whispered.

He turned his body to look at her shirt in hand. Rachael looked from his face to his chest before her eyes stopped on his abs that still had clear drops of water on them. She couldn't take her eyes off them. Soon the abs that made her drool were covered in a navy blue t-shirt.

Rachael pouted at the thought of Ethan's abs hiding underneath the navy t-shirt. The sound of chuckles filled the air as Ethan laughed at Rachael's pout finding her expression cute. However Rachael thought he was mocking her so she threw a pillow at him in an attempt to stop the laughter. Ethan dodged the pillow before leaving Rachael's room; his laughter filling the hallways.

Frustrated, Rachael decided to continue her slumber before she was rudely interrupted. She put her hands under her pillow and got comfortable in her bed again before closing her eyes.

Ethan had left Rachael's room to get some breakfast for the both of them.
Last night once Rachael had fallen asleep her parents had arrived home and said that he could stay over. They also told him that they'd be leaving for work at 10:30 which is in about 10 minutes.

As Ethan walked towards the kitchen he heard Rachael's parents;Victoria and Steven talking. Their laughter was in the air but that's not what Ethan was listening to. Instead he was thinking about Victoria and Steven as soulmates. They seemed so happy with each other. They've supported each other with anything and everything. One needs the other and together they're stronger. Ethan hoped that him and Rachael were like that and no matter what nothing can come between them.

"Morning Victoria and Steven." He said.

"Morning Ethan where's Rachael?" Asked Victoria.

"Well she has awoken from the sounds of me getting dressed before throwing a pillow at me and then falling back to sleep." He said laughing at what made her do such a thing.

"Okay well why don't you go give her some breakfast. I'm sure she'll wake up from the smell of food." Said Steven looking at Ethan.
Victoria handed Ethan a tray which consisted of a plate full of food for the both of them as well as a glass of orange juice each.

"Now have fun you two we're off to work." Said Victoria as she picked up her bag. She fixed her blazer straightening it out making her look even more professional. "Let's get going love who knows what the traffic is like." She said talking to her husband.
Steven stood up ready to leave with his wife.

"Be safe and call us if you need anything. We might be back late." Said Victoria before giving Ethan a kiss on the cheek.
Then they both picked up their coats and left.

The motherly tone and kiss that Ethan just witnessed made him miss his own parents. Rachael doesn't know who did it specifically but Ethan will probably never forget. He visits their graves whenever possible and he hopes to take Rachael to meet them soon.

Remembering he had breakfast in his hands, he walked quietly back upstairs to Rachael. He slowly opened her bedroom door and walked towards her bed. He saw Rachael with strands of hair across her face sound asleep.

Not for long. Thought Ethan.

First he picked up the plate of food and moved it around in front of her face hoping to wake her up. He saw Rachael's nose smell the food as her hand inched out to touch the delicious smell. But Ethan had other plans. He moved the plate out of her reach. This made Rachael drop her arm and shift in her sleep. Next Ethan picked up a sausage which was on the plate and put it against Rachael's lips. As Rachael went to sink her teeth into the meat he took it away from her.