Chapter 40

Two people. On the ground. Injured.

The culprit; gone.

There was no time to panic.

No time to shed some tears.

So those that weren't on the ground jumped into action.

Connor used his natural speed to run after Violet who had just escaped from the scene as soon as the ambulance and police had arrived.

The adults then split up and went to the two people that were now lying on the ground as the paramedics also got out of the ambulance.

Charles went over to a group of paramedics and police officers to explain what had happened.

He did not mention Violet or what she was trying to do but did mention the car accident and gave the number plates of the cars. He also mentioned that one person on the floor has a gunshot wound and the other person is unconscious with injuries from the car crash.

The police mentioned that they would need to take a statement once all those that were injured, had been checked out.

The paramedics acted quickly once on the scene.

They bought two stretches out and started to lift the two injured people onto a stretcher each without harming their injuries.

They were placed into an ambulance each and the adults split up once again before both groups stepped into an ambulance each.

A paramedic shut the doors before also getting into the front of the ambulance.

Once the paramedics were all set, one of the police cars started to drive off with the two ambulances, and another police car at the back following behind; the sirens of all four vehicles screeching through the air.
....
After a 10 minute journey, which should've taken 25 minutes, all four vehicles had reached the hospital.

The paramedics opened the doors and got out before pushing the stretchers towards the opened doors.
They carefully lifted the stretchers out of the ambulance before placing it on the ground and pushing it inside the hospital; the adults trailing behind them.

Nurses ran towards the stretcher taking over from the paramedics.

During the ride to the hospital, the paramedics had given both the patients an IV after checking their pulse, blood pressure and whether they were breathing or not. They had also checked the remaining people present and applied pressure to the gunshot wound as they were not qualified to do anything else.

The nurses worked quickly as the doctors started to set up two rooms next to each other and another room for surgery.

A few of the paramedics and policemen were telling the doctors and nurses what had happened whilst the two injured were wheeled into the private rooms.

The two bodies were carefully lifted off the stretchers and onto the two hospital beds before the nurses and doctors go to work.

The two patients were connected to heart monitors as the nurses checked all their injuries.

The gunshot wound was checked and the nurses saw that the bullet was placed deeply in the patient. They weren't sure if the bullet was near an organ so they had to act fast.