Chapter 2: Reunion

The Star Goddess 2
'Let the War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 2: Reunion

Lucy's POV

I watched as everyone's eyes started to widen in what i can tell is surprise. They must not have expected for the three dragons to be mentioned upon instantly. Maybe they still have their doubts and only now did it was just confirmed. They are indeed going to meet the dragons..

"G-Grandine? Is she really h-here?" Wendy asked as her eyes was once again fulled with hope. I can only smile as i watched Serena giggle and ruffle her hair.

"Of course! As a matter of fact, all dragons are here in this very realm. All elements, young and old. They all live here in peace." The water dragon declared proudly.

"Why don't we enter the Palace first and meet the Elemental Dragons? They are all waiting for your arrival, after all." Celestia suggested, turning her heel and started walking towards the humongous castle, not before motioning us to follow. I spared my companions a glance They all seem hesitant. Though, it didn't last long since i gave them an assuring smile.

"Don't worry, guys. They're not that bad. And if things get a little nasty, i'll stick up to you no matter what." receiving their smiles, we followed Celestia inside.

Chuckling, i watched my friends as their eyes grew wide and mouths hanged open. Upon entering the place, they all gasped and admired the beauty of the palace. Apparently, it's not everyday they get to enter something as glamourous remotely close to this. Seeing them wonder around so excitedly, almost like kids on a Christmas morning, makes me so happy and well, amused. By the time we reached the door leading to the meeting hall, their excitement had died down. Well, slightly. I can still see how ecstatic the dragonslayers are. They are going to see their adoptive parents again, after all.

Serena and Celestia told us to wait for their call before we enter the room. I had told them that it wasn't necessary. That the dragons already knew that we are here as they had probably smelt us from a mile away. But those two are stubborn! They refuse to listen. They think it was only fitting to announce our arrival, especially mine, seeing that i'm royalty and such. Tch. Like i care about status. Groaning, i just let them do what they wanted. As i said, they're stubborn. They would never drop the subject unless i agreed. Without anymore words, they entered the room and left us, Fairy Tail Mages, behind.

"Good morning, fellow Elemental Dragons. We are all gathered here to celebrate a very historic and important event. Today, we shall bend from our traditions. The war between humans and dragons had officially ended. The union between two races begins now. But our fight doesn't end here. For today marks the start of our fight towards a better and more peaceful future!" I heard Celestia announced from inside the room. I can only shake my head in disapprovement. Were they planning on doing a speech? Seriously? I thought that was my job?

"And now, to fully commemorate this day, we present to you the next Star Goddess and current Princess of the Dragon realm! Please welcome, Princess Lucilyn Irish Heartfilia! Joined by her trusted and loyal friends from Fairy Tail!" I looked back at my friends once again and gave them a heartfelt smile, they returned it. Sighing, i pushed open the huge doors and stepped foot in the familiar meeting hall. Infront of us were a smiling Celestia and Serena, behind them was the long table being occupied by 10 more people-err dragons. I bowed slighty and smiled widely. They returned the gestured, as usual.

"Hey guys!" Waving at them, i felt warm inside. The warmth of being home once again. My Second Home.

"Hello, Lucy-sama." Breeze, the snow dragon, greeted me which was followed by the others. They smiled at me before shifting their eyes behind me. I followed their gaze and realized that they were indeed looking at my guildmates. Oh, right... Well, this is quite awkward..

"Minna, i want you to meet my friends. These are Natsu Dragneel, Wendy Marvell, Gajeel Redfox, Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, Juvia Lockser, Levy Mcgarden, and Laxus Dreyar. Please treat them nicely and with respect." My voice was cheerful as always, though there was a hint of threat in it. They all seemed to notice as they nodded immediately.

"W-Wait? N-Natsu?" A smile crept on my face as i saw the realization on Igneel's face. I didn't mention the dragonslayers name first for nothing. I did it to catch their parents attention, of course. It's not that their dragons didn't know about this arrangement. They of all people, knew that i'm friends with their children. That i would bring them here to see them. They knew they would meet anytime soon. I guess they just didn't expect it this soon, though.

"I-Igneel?" the guy who was standing next to me hoarsely said as he looked at his long lost father in disbelief. It seemed like time stopped for both of them. They just stood there, staring and gaping at each other. Rolling my chocolate brown eyes, i nudged Natsu's shoulder with my own. This small action seemed to bring him back to reality since he flinched and looked at me. I just smiled at him and mouthed the words 'go' tilting my head lightly as if gesturing him to Igneel. He catched on to my words as he grinned and run to his father.

Sighing contently, i watched the heart warming scene infront of me. Three abadoned children had finally reunited with their adoptive parents. Finally. I watched as Igneel laughed, having Natsu on a headlock. The younger boy seems to be enjoying himself as well, grinning from ear to ear. I shifted my attention to Gajeel and Metallicana. They had their arms crossed infront of their chests, glaring and smirking at one another. I assume that their either throwing insults or challenging eachother. Boys. Next was Wendy and Grandine. They were far more civil than the two pairs. Though, the younger bluenette was crying and sobbing while hugging the older one. They truly have a mother and daughter aura. I can't help but smile genuinely at the happy reunion that was taking place in front of me.

"You truly are a great person, Lucy." a hand patted my shoulder which broke me out of my trance. Glancing up, i saw Erza who had a soft smile on her face. She too, was touched.

"Huh?"

"If it weren't for you, they wouldn't be together again. You made this reunion possible, Lucy. You should be proud of yourself."

"W-What? Your wrong! If it weren't for all of your support, i wouldn't be able to pull this off. Therefore, we all made this happen."

"Humble as ever, Lu-chan."

"W-What? Am not!"

Today, we shared a happy moment. We laughed, cry and smiled. And today, we made History. For the first time in centuries, Humans and Dragons had shared a room without starting a senseless war nor fought. Together, we are all willing to unite and create a bond like no other. For the sake of the future. Today is just a beginning. Tomorrow is a new start.

~°°♛°°~

Konbanwa!!!

Gomen for the late update. Been busy and in some point, i lost inspiration in this. Thankfully, i recovered and is now back on track!!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote..

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14