Chapter 11: Not Friends?

The Star Goddess 2
'Let The War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 11: Not Friends?

Lucy's POV

"Thank you for coming, Captain Scar. Despite the short notice." I bowed in a princess manner before motioning the Captain Dragon to take a seat. He was, of course, in human form. All this time i thought his Dragon self was far too intimidating, i guess i spoke too soon. In his human form, he's atleast 6 foot tall, has tanned and sun kissed complexion, deep green eyes, strong jawline, broad shoulders and visible large muscles and bicep. His hair is styled like those in militaries. But what was most striking in his over all appearance was the multiple scars he had on multiple parts of his body. He even has an X shaped on his left cheek and a large scar that extends from his right elbow to his wrist. Don't get me wrong. I didn't mean to stare. It's just, they're impossible to miss. Especially since he's just wearing a black tank top, camouflage pants and combat boots. Probably because he just finished his morning training.

"No worries, Princess. I would never deny a request from you, your highness." Scar smiled at me which i gladly returned.

"Drop the formalities. Please call me Lucy."

"Oh, i believe i stand corrected. I'm afraid that's a request i need to deny." My smile flattered at his response. This again? Why can't they treat me normally? Like how the Elemental Dragons does!

"I insist, Captain Scar. Am i wrong to believe that we are now friends?" I saw confusion in his features. Somehow, shock and disbelief as well.

"Friends, your highness?"

"Yes. Are we not?"

"I'm afraid that can't do. You are Royal blooded, Princess. I'am nothing but a mere knight. A friendship such as that isn't possible. We dragons live with high respect, especially towards our Ruler. That tradition has lived and been passed down from generations to generations now. We cannot simply disobey." A frown formed on my face. Tradition? There's a tradition about it?

"Tradition you say? What is this tradition you spoken of? And who made it?"

"Simply our ancestors, your highness."

"Then, can i conclude that i'm not like our ancestors? That i do not believe in status. I maybe your princess and this realm's next queen and ruler but i wish to be treated nothing like royalty nor those of high status." He seemed shocked by my words. The way his body visibly tensed and his smile faltered shows as much. He didn't expect my answer. That's for sure. It didn't take him more than 3 seconds to compose himself. By clearing his throat, he adjusted himself in his chair.

"I'm sorry, Princess. I still can't do as you wish. Treating you normally will not only be setting a bad example, but will also be permanently damaging both of our reputation and image in the public. As i said, dragons live to serve their ruler not only with loyalty but also with great respect." I frowned, disappointed by his response. Getting them to fully trust me surely is hard. Is being friends with me that bad?

"If what your saying is true, then why is the Elemental Dragons different? They don't speak of this respect and status rubbish. They agreed to be my friends the first time i offered!"

"That is because they are on high position, much like you, Princess. They come directly below you. At one point, they ruled the realm in your behalf. That's probably why no one sees your relationship with them questionable, or in any way inappropriate." Raising an eyebrow, i contemplated for a minute if it was time to give up the topic or push on. Clearly, he's not gonna give in any time now. He, like the others, is too stubborn to even consider my offer of friendship. In someway, i felt offended by the rejection. It can't be helped. It made me feel unwanted, even for just a second.

"Alright. I'm not gonna push on since i doubt i'll be able to convince you. I can tell you are dead set on your decision. I will have to respect that. Moving on, let us discuss the real issue." Sighing, i dropped the conversation. He seem to notice the change of my mood as he offered me an apologetic smile.

"As you wish, Princess.."

And our conversation carried on without mentioning the issue we discussed earlier.

~°°♛°°~

"You seem down, Lucy." I was currently on the Stellar Realm with Celestia, training like i planned. Though, my mind was on something else which seemed notice by my trainer. That made me guilty.

"Sorry, Celestia." Giving her an apologetic smile, i continued on meditating. We were only on our first hour of training which means it's only a little pass 1 pm.

"What's bothering you?" She pushed on. I tried to shake off her worry, saying it was nothing but she didn't let it go. Instead, she sat beside me and urged me spill the beans.

"It's just.. I want to befriend the Palace Dragons." Stopping, i glanced at Celestia to see her reaction. She has a raised eyebrow at me but said nothing. I took that as a sign to continue.

"You know how much i hate being treated like a Princess. Given my life at the mansion way back, i like the normalcy better. Convincing you and the other Elemental Dragons wasn't hard. But with the Palace Dragons.... I don't know what to do. They're stubborn. I talked to Capatain Scar earlier. That's when i found out why they were so distant from me." Sighing, i hugged my knees closer to my chest. Stil, Celestia said nothing. She was quiet all through out my explanation, but i can tell that she was listening.

"They said dragons live to respect. But i want isn't respect but their trust, friendship and sincere love! Is that too much to ask for?"

"Princess, i get where your coming from. But inorder for them to understand you, YOU need to understand them first. It's tradition, Lucy. Something they can't just break after centuries of fulfilling. Give them time to adjust, not just to you but also to your ideals and ways. Don't worry though. Your an awesome person. Warming up to you isn't that hard. Just don't give up on trying. Eventually, they'll grow tired of pushing you away." The Celestial Dragon's word was such full of wisdom. It helped. Talking to her and seeking advice. She always knows what to say and do. That's why i'm so thankful to have her with me here..

"Thank you, Celestia. For everything.."

~°°♛°°~

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14