Chapter 22: Apology

The Star Goddess 2
'Let the War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 22: Apology

Lucy's POV

  I woke up with a start. Yesterday may had involved too much teasing and mocking, it still ended the way i least expected it to. Natsu and I somehow confessed last night. Atleast that's considered confessing, right? We did exchanged 'i like you's and a kiss. But that's that. We somehow made a mental agreement to take things slow. We'll just go with the flow for now. See where it will lead us. Still, no labels. We're not yet official. We also agreed to not tell anyone about our progress. To save us from mocking eyes.

  "Good Morning, Minna!" I yelled enthusiastically once i entered the dining hall. With my outburst, all head turned towards me. They all had decided to stay here for the night. Though, they'll start leaving at 10 am to continue on with their own trainings. As i glanced around the room, i noticed that everyone was already there. Not the tad bit of surprised since it was pass 7 in the morning.

  "Morning." "Ohayou" i received multiple greetings in return. My eyes roamed the room once again in hope to spot a certain dragonslayer. I wasn't disappointed as i immediately spotted him sitting next to Igneel. He caught my gaze as he sent a playful smirk towards my direction. I responded by rolling my eyes at him.

  "What's for breakfast?" I asked, deciding to sit down on the empty sit beside the pyro.

  "Bacon, Eggs and Hotdogs." Celestia said. There was something in his voice that made me look up to her. To them, actually. It was then i noticed the awkward and tensed atmosphere. All were focused on eating, no one was socializing nor talking to others.

  "Did something happened? Did someone died or what?" All eyes focused on me but immediately looked away. Ok.. There is something up.

  "Nothing, Lyn." The water dragon muttered, stabbing the bacon that was on her plate. Serena was never this quiet. Obviously, something happened. Urgh. I hate it when i don't know stuffs!

  "You sure?" I pushed on. Though it was futile since clearly no one was going to crack and confess.

  "Yes, Lucy." I can't help but raise an eyebrow when Erza answered. Why does she look guilty? Knowing full well that i won't be able to receive any answers, i nudged Natsu's knee with my own. The pink haired dragonslayer was surprised, dropping his fork and spoon. The dropped utensils created noise once it landed on his plate, confusing everyone. All eyes landed on the confused Fairy Tail Mage.

  "Sorry." He muttered, feeling the intensity of their gazes. They all shrugged and continued on eating quietly. Natsu looked at me, a confused expression on his face.

  'What?' He mouted. His eyebrows were furrowed, creating a scowl on his face. Rolling my eyes, i gestured to the rest of the table using my lips.

  'What's with them?' I mouted back. I honestly expected a decent answer from him but being the idiot he is, he just shrugged.

  'Don't know. Don't care.' That was what i caught him say. Glaring at him, i stepped on his foot with mine. He let out an angry yelp, hitting the table with his knee in the process. Once again, all eyes turned to the scowling pyro. He looked back at me, as if asking what to do.

  "Do it now!" I hissed impatiently. We also agreed that he would apologize for snapping yesterday. More like i forced him to. He didn't really have much of a choice but to agree.

  "Alright. Alright." He hissed back, turning back to the curious gazes of everyone. He cleared his throat before sending them an apologetic smile.

  "I'm sorry for yelling at all of you yesterday.." the pyro started.

  "It was wrong of me to be angry at you. I understand that you only did that to 'help' us but i'm starting to feel pressured. The stress of training also added up. So, i just exploded. Sorry about that." He rubbed the back of his neck and displayed a shy smile on his face. The rest looked at him weirdly. Probably because the all mighty Salamander had apologized. It was unusual since he's too stubborn and prideful.

  "W-What?" His dragon father asked, too busy gawking at the boy beside him.

  "I know you all heard me! I'm not gonna repeat it again! Tch." The small smile on his face was replaced with a scowl. He clearly isn't enjoying being the center of attraction right now.

  "Did y-you just..?" His rival-slash-frenemy trailed off, dropping his own fork and spoon.

  "Say sorry?!" The others finished the ice mage's question. The blushing pyro groaned loudly and openly glared at them.

  "Shut u-up." He muttered, tugging his scarf upwards to cover half of his face in attempt to hide his blush. His action earned him laughs. Glancing around the table, i can't help but smile softly. It seems that Natsu did it. He eased everyone's guilt. The tensed and awkward atmosphere was gone, replaced by a carefree one. Grinning, i slipped my right hand under the table. I shyly gripped his left hand. He flinched at my touch, but immediately relaxed when he realized it was me. He gladly returned my gesture, interlacing his fingers with mine.

  We're not together. We're not dating. We're not official. No labels, no commitments and no claims. But what's important is that we're happy. We're more than friends but less than lovers. Both of us are not ready for something as serious and life changing as that. As for now, we're taking things slow. We're just going with the flow..

~°°♛°°~

Done with my exams! Thank God i managed to finish this chapter in time. I'm not sure if i passed, though. Hahaha, wish me luck!

Anyways, i died answering my math exam but was forced to back to life to be able to take my other exams. Gah! I failed it!!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14