Chapter 4: Should I?

The Star Goddess 2
'Let The War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 4: Should I?

Lucy's POV

  "Princess Lucilyn, would you like to learn Dragon Slaying Magic?"

  It caught me thinking. Should i learn Dragon slaying magic? It sure would give us slight advantage against Zeref. It surely would be a big help. But we only have 3 years left. It wouldn't be enough if i were to train and master all of them. Also, there's 12 dragons here that are willing to train me. It only means that i'll have to master 12 types of dragon slaying magic. Just thinking that i'll be that powerful in such a short amount of time scares me. I'm positive, my body wouldn't handle that much magic. I would surely collapse due to exhaustion. But to have another dragonslayer in our team would benefit us. Wwaahhh! Doushiyou?!

  "Wait.. Luce can learn Dragon Slaying Magic?!" out of nowhere, Natsu asked. Glancing at him, i can't help but chuckle. He, along with all Fairy Tail Mages, had their eyes widen in what i can tell is disbelief and amazement.

  "Yes, she can. She's capable of using any type of Dragon Slaying Magic. All of them if she wish." Serena boasted, clearly amused at their reaction. Sighing, i face palmed. She shouldn't get their hopes up. I don't want to disappoint them.

  "Woah! That's amazing!!" is it just me or did Wendy have stars in her eyes?

  "Agreed! Imagine, an Elemental Dragonslayer in our guild!" Levy joined in. I can't help but feel a stab in my heart. They are expecting me to learn it all. I know for a fact that it's possible, but it would cost us too much time. And we don't have that much time left. I don't want to break the news to them, but i have to.

  "Now, now. Don't get too excited. That all depends on Lucy." All eyes shifted to me. Instantly, i felt conscious and insecure. Being under their expectant and excited stares makes me even more nervous. They're making this harder than it already is!

  "Etto—I d-don't.. uhhh.. Y-You see.. ummm.. How s-should i ahhhh put t-this?" not meeting anyone's gaze, i struggled to form my words. Looking away, i played with the hem of my skirt and gulped nervously.

  "Lucy?" Celestia called out to me. Flinching, i met her eyes. I know that she already guessed my answer. I pretty sure she half expected it. Truth is, i expect her to be disappointed or upset at least. But neither crossed her features. Instead, she gave that motherly smile and encouraging nod. Sighing, i faced the crowd with new found courage.

  "Listen, g-guys. I don't want to d-disappoint any of you. I really don't. B-But i have no plans on learning all Dragon Slaying magic." Firmly closing my eyes, i heard a series gasps and whispers. I can't tell if their reaction was positive or not. And i'm actually afraid to find out.

  "Eh? But why? That would help us with Zeref!" Gray commented. I casted my eyes downward, not wanting where this conversation is headed.

  "Gray-sama's right, Love Rival! You would have greater chance on winning if that's the case." as expected, Juvia supported him. She stood by Gray, a frown on her pretty face.

  "I agree with them, Princess Lucy. It's a powerful trump card." It seems that the Snow Dragon is also siding them. Considering there suggestions, i'm starting to doubt my decision. Maybe they're right. But...

  "Think about it, Lucy. You'll be powerful. Maybe enough to defeat Zeref. If your worried about the training, we are here to help you-" The Fire Dragon had started and tried to convince me, but his son cut him off.