Chapter 18: Back to the Palace

The Star Goddess 2
'Let the War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 18: Back to the Palace

Lucy's POV

  "C-Celestia?! Even Igneel and Serena?!" I scrambled to my feet, pointing an accusing finger at the three Dragons—on their human form— who just entered the clearing. They had smirks on their faces, a teasing look on their eyes. Great. I'am so not gonna hear the end of this!

  "Good morning to you too, Lucy." Serena waved, a mocking smile grazing her lips.

  "Eh? What a-are you doing here?!" I was fully aware that my face was red but that didn't stop me from asking for answers. I felt Natsu stood beside me, not saying anything. As always, he's not planning on helping me with this.

  "Well, i clearly said you only have a DAY off. We waited for you last night at the Palace but you didn't returned. Nor did Natsu. That's why we decided to come here and fetch both of you." Right.. We fell asleep here in the forest. They must have been worried.

  "Umm, sorry about that." I felt ashamed. I was literally bawling my eyes out last night in Natsu's arms. They have all the right to worry but i can't burden them with my insecurities.

  "Don't worry. So, it seems that you and Natsu had fun last night?" Igneel smirked, showing off his fangs. Blushing, i denied the accusation almost immediately.

  "You h-had it all wrong! We j-just fell a-asleep! That's a-all!!"

  "Sure~ We believe you.." groaning, i threw Celestia a hard glare. The Celestial Dragon chuckled and winked at me.

  "Enough about me and Lucy! I'm hungryyy!!" The pyro beside me whined, rubbing his stomach to emphasize his point. I was grateful he started changing the subject. He seemed to felt my gaze as he looked down on me, a wide grin on his lips. I responded with a sweet smile.

  "Alright then. We should return back to the Palace. The other dragons and your wizard friends are waiting for you two." My ears perked up at Serena's words. Others?

  "Wait.. you mean?"

  "The other Elemental Dragons and Fairy Tail Mages had decided to gather at the Palace to have a day off." Igneel explained.

  "They thought it was unfair for you two to have a short vacation and they don't. So, they all talked and decided to spend the day and night." I was beyond happy. It's been a week since i last saw them and honestly, i'm starting to miss every single one of them. Even Happy's constant teasing!

  "Seriously?!"

  "Yeah. Infact, they're already there, waiting for the two of you." I beamed with excitement, suddenly feeling replenished and energized.

  "What are we waiting for? Let's go!" They all chuckled and nodded. The three Dragons transformed to their original form. Me and Natsu hopped on Igneel, deciding to just ride one dragon. I was sitting infront of him, his arms wrapped around my waist to prevent me from falling. I didn't mind our sudden closeness. After last night, i knew for a fact that our relationship started to change. It's starting to blossom to a whole new level. I just hope he's willing to catch me if i fall for him even harder.

~°°♛°°~

  "Guys! They're here! Lucy and Natsu!" I groaned hearing Celestia yelled, catching everyone's attention. I flushed seeing the smirks and knowing smiles they gave us. They were all gathered at the Palace garden. Some were laying blankets on the grass or arranging picnic baskets. Others were setting up grills and tables. They all look like they were having a fun time. A day out in the gardens, huh? That seems like a great idea..

  "Lu-chan!" I watched as Levy-chan, along with Wendy and Gray, ran over our direction.

  "Umm, hey?" I greeted, rather awkwardly in fact. They were hinting something. I knew where exactly this conversation is heading. The mischievous glint in their eyes says so.

  "So... Three birds told us you were having the time of your lives.." i groaned loudly, knowing full well who these 3 birds—Dragons are.

  "You're exaggerating, Gray. We just swam on a lake all day. Nothing more happened."

  "Well, you're no fun." The ice mage grumbled, earning a glare from me.

  "Speak another word about it and i'll chop your bodies in pieces then throw your remains in the middle of the ocean to feed the sharks. Got it?" I'm not usually one to be violent and cruel but situations like this—being teased and never hear the end of it—calls for drastic measures.

  "Yes, m-ma'am!" The poor half naked mage yelled, faking a salute. People-and Dragons-around laughed upon seeing the scene.

  "Woah.. Chill, Luce. No need to be cruel." The fire dragonslayer beside me snickered, throwing an arm over my shoulder. I elbowed him, causing him to wince.

  "Don't make it worse, Natsu." I glared at him, motioning his arm that was draped on me. The pyro groaned, reluctantly removing it.

  "Alright. Geez, woman! No need to be violent." I arched an eyebrow at the name and accusation.

  "Me? Violent? Says the guy who literally breathes fire, destroys anything in his path and threatens anyone who gets in his way." Rolling my chocolate brown eyes at him, i moved away before he can even retort. I made my way towards a table being occupied by Erza, Grandine, Juvia and Jade. They were in the midst of a conversation but immediately dropped it when they saw me approaching.

  "Welcome back, Lucy." The scarlet haired mage greeted, making space for me to sat down beside her. Examining the table infront of them, i came to the conclusion that they were making sandwiches.

  "Hi, guys! Do you mind if i help? I don't have anything else to do." I offered, studying the different types of fillings and jams in the table. There were peanut butter, mayonnaise, strawberry jam, some different flavored spreads, and etc.

  "Sure. Why not?" The nature dragon grinned, handing a spoon and loaf of bread to me. I didn't waste time as i immediately began working.

  "So, Lucy? Why did Celestia insisted on giving you a Day Off?" My eyes darted up, staring at Grandine who asked out of the blue.

  "She said i was working too hard. Needed time to have fun." Shrugging, i started making a sandwich.

  "Can't argue with that. You're still young, Lucy. Don't waste your remaining free time to work." Rolling my eyes, i snorted. I knew it.. Mentioning Celestia and Day Off would lead to a convesation like this.

  "It's all for you, guys. So how is it a waste of time?" I arched an eyebrow at Grandine and Jade.

  "But Lucy-"

  "It's not a big deal, guys.."

~°°♛°°~

Greetings, my loyal readers!!

School starts in a week so please forgive me for the inconsistent updates in the future..

Love you all!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14