Chapter 26: 2nd Batch

The Star Goddess 2
'Let the War Begin'
[NaLu Fanfiction]
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 26: 2nd Batch

Lucy's POV

I watched with sad calculating eyes as the Fairy Tail mages bid their farewells to their dragons. It was heartwarming. It was evident that the Mages and their corresponding dragons had formed a strong bond and relationship. It saddens me to see them part. Watching them, i start to think of a plan on how to cross their paths once again in the future. Monthly visits? Another training session? With the upcoming war, i don't know if i'll be able to schedule their reunion. Too much work. Too much things to do.

"Are you ready?" I asked the group of crest fallen mages and dragons. We weren't the only ones here as of moment. The Dragonslayers as well as their dragons are here with us. We were all gathered at the Palace Pavilion. The humongous beings were all transformed into their human forms. The area was filled with sounds of cries and sniffs. Levy and Juvia were crying ocean of tears. (Literally in Juvia's part).

"Yes."

"N-No.."

I chuckled hearing the divided answers. It was clear that they wanted to stay and extend their training. But that can't do. The next batch was anticipating them. She can't disappoint them. They also have a tight schedule to follow. No time to waste..

"Sorry, guys. We need to leave.." once the portal was opened, i reluctantly stepped in. I felt the rest followed me.

~°°♛°°~

"How was your training, Batch 1?" Master asked once everyone had calmed down. Apparently, the guild went nuts when we suddenly appeared through a portal. They swarmed around us, asking all sorts of questions. Mostly about the dragons and the realm. When i asked why they were so many members present though it was just the middle of the day, Mira said they all agreed to have a day off to welcome us back. Master might have sensed our discomfort since he ordered the guild to calm down.

"It went great, Master." Erza replied, a satisfied smile on her face. She was assigned to Ria, the Space Dragon, also a great swordswoman—err, dragon. I had no doubt they got along real well.

"Juvia gotten a lot stronger." Was the water mage's reply. She trained with the water dragon herself, Serena.

"It was fun, really. Hanging with oversized lizards and stuff." The Ice mage claimed, grinning as he did so. He was with the Ice Dragon all through out the duration of the trip.

"A lot of things happened.. Believe me when i said a lot." I scowled when Levy gave me a side glance as she said those words. Great. At this rate, everyone would know..

"Oh, what kind of things?" Mira pushed on, raising an eyebrow at the bookworm. A grin was fighting it's way to her lips. If she was trying to hide her excitement, it's clearly not working.

"Oh, you know.. NaLu kind of stuffs." Oh, she didn't just go there. Mira let out a loud squeal, making me and those near to her, cover our ears. Sheesh, this girl can shout.

"You.Have.To.Tell.Me.Everything!" She emphasized each word, gripping the bookworm's arm tightly almost like her life depended on it. The solid script mage gave me a nervous glance and an apologetic smile. Then i knew she was going to betray me. Wow. Such a great friend..

"Umm, well.." like i was going to let her..

"No time! Second batch, come forth! I shall bring you to the Dragon Realm."

"But-" the take over mage tried to argue but i beat her to it.

"We have a tight schedule to follow. Sorry, guys." With that, Cana, Lisanna, Elfman, Evergreen, Freed, Bixclow and Mira, who reluctantly stepped forward, stood beside me. I gave the rest of the guild a big smile before opening the portal and stepping inside. I felt the rest following me close behind.