Chapter 6: Partners

The Star Goddess 2
'Let the War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 6:

Lucy's POV

I slowly opened my eyes only to close it again once blinding light from the window reached my sight. I hissed in annoyance as i adjusted my eyes to the light. It didn't took long, though. Contented, i attempted to sit up to stretch my limbs but some force didn't allowed me to do so. Something warm and hard was draped over my waist, preventing me from extracting large movements. A sense of fear and panic enveloped me as i started to process what's happening.

"What t-the?" hesitatingly, i pushed myself away from a hard and toned figure which i presumed to be someone's chest. By then, all fear instantly vanished. 'I should have known..' sighing, i looked up at Natsu's sleeping features. He looked peaceful and well, attractive. His eyebrows were hunched together, forming a slight frown. His lips were slightly parted, allowing passage for air, while his eyes were gently closed. In a way, he looks cute. He doesn't seem to show any signs of being awake or will he be anytime soon. This is probably the reason why i had the courage to study him, since i know he's not going to use this agaisnt me. What he doesn't know won't hurt him, right?

But i know i need to stop gawking at him. Because once he woke up and see me watching him sleep, it won't be pretty. I don't want to be labeled as a pervert! Inhaling, i recollected my thoughts. As much as i enjoyed being in his arms, i can't stay much longer. May i need to remind myself that we are just friends? That he sees me nothing more than a bestfriend? With new found strength, i shrieked in fake shock and pushed the pyro out of my bed. Apparently, this startled the poor dragonslayer as he landed on the hard cold floor with a 'tud'. He hissed in what i assume pain as he sat up, rubbing the back of his head.

"Urgh. What t-the hell was that for Lucy?!" he glared at me which i willingly returned, matching his intesified look. Both of us held an expression that's far from hate, irritation and annoyance. It was pure mock and a friendly tease.

"That's what you get for sneaking in my room and sleeping beside me. AGAIN!" crossing my arms, i pouted and titled my head to look at the side while he just merely chuckled.

"Tch. It's nothing new. I do that all the time. You should have gotten used to it by now!" his words held a sense of truth in them, which i refused to confirm. Truth is, i would even freaked out if i don't find him and Happy in my apartment. They practically live there!

"Give me a break! On how you slip in my bed without waking me is still a big mystery! Wait.. that reminds me.. How did you even know where my room is?! I never showed nor told you anything!" I half expected him to shrug and not respond but instead, he laughed and sat up before ruffling my hair.

"I followed your scent, Weirdo. Now, changed and get ready. I can already smell breakfast downstairs." with that, he left. I stared at the door where he disappeared to with a dumbfounded expression. Why would he even bothered looking for me and sleeping here? He always whined that my bed was comfier than his hammock. And in here, beds on all chambers are identical and alike. That's why he can't use that same excuse with me. So, why did he sleep with me? Was he actually enjoying-Urgh! Don't even go there, Lucy!!

~°°♛°°~

Now dressed in a white pull over sweater, shorts and knee boots, i abandoned my chambers. As i opened the door, i saw Natsu leaning at the wall beside my room. He has on his usual outside clothes that composed of a closed, one sleeve vest and white pants. Seeing me, his face immediately lit up as he pushed himself off the wall and stood infront of me.