Chapter 5: Meeting With All Dragons

The Star Goddess 2
'Let The War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 5: Meeting with all Dragons

Lucy's POV

  "I gathered you all here to share and commemorate a very important event. It is my honor to announce that the supposedly unending war between dragons and humans had finally reach its end. The day were both kinds raised their white flags had came. Together, we have conquered the impossible. To unite and be at peace with another race. " i had started my speech. Like i planned, we gathered all the dragons infront of the palace to inform them of what's happening. It was a little pass 1 pm, the sun was still high and glaring, but that didn't stop the dragons from attending. To which i'm really grateful for. Standing here at the balcony overlooking the huge crowd, i stood with my head held up high. My friends were at my left side while the Elemental Dragons, on their human form, had settled on my right.

  A grin crossed my features when i saw my audience cheered, well roared. They seem to take the news positive so far. Clearly, being in peace with humans didn't bothered nor worried them. As i said before, majority of the dragons population supported me when i first announced my plans on public. Apparently, they grown tired of the inexisting war that's preventing them from befriending other humans aside from their choice of student (refer to book 1, Chapter 49 or 50, i think).

  "Though, it is still early to celebrate. In behalf of the 12 Elemental Dragons and the number 1 guild in Fiore, Fairy Tail, i stand here infront of you to formally ask for your full cooperation and support. It certainly reached your knowledge that Zeref shall be awoken in a little over 3 years. Also, you all known that i'm destined to fight him in the near future. But i cannot do that alone. I'am here to make a request and probably, ask a huge favor. That is, if you all would let me?" with hanging question, i received another series of roars and cheers, which i took as a go signal. Sighing, i climbed up the balcony, to everyone's shock by the way, clasped my hands infront of me as if praying and bowed slightly. My actions raised a lot of questions and reactions, especially from the people here in the balcony, but i ignored them.

  "Luce?! What the hell?! Are you crazy?! Get down from there! It's dangerous!" Natsu whisper-yelled as he run towards the railings where i currently stood. Instead, i ignored his demands.

  "Minna! I will need all your help in defeating Zeref. I can't do this on my own. That is why, i want to ask for your help. Not as Princess Lucilyn Irish Heartfilia, but simply as Lucy. I would never force you to fight with me. I would never abuse my position as the next heir to the throne just to have you fight with me. This is war. Were lives and the future are at risk. This is not some play nor spar. Besides, you all have equal rights as a living creature after all. The right to decide on your own and be free. I'm not going to hold you off from that. I'll never will. That's why i'm asking you, not by force but free will. 3 years from now, Zeref will rise and try to take over the realms. Are you guys willing to help me fight him? To protect everyone and the future?" by this time, i was already out of breath. Everything, everyone was silent. I still had my head bowed, preventing me from seeing their action. That made me anxious and worry. What if they don't want to help me? well, i'll need to suck it up and acce-

  "What makes you think we won't help out, Princess?" a sudden shout from the crowd made me snap my head up. My eyes widened at the sight, it made me feel warmth inside. A feeling of comfort and acceptance. They were all smiling and grining, fangs and sharp teeth visible.

  "Like hell we'll let you fight alone!"

  "We won't let our Princess and Future Queen get hurt!"

  "We'll fight with you!"

  Giggling, i gave them all a warm and geniune smile. For the second time in my life, i felt accepted. Joining Fairy Tail being the first. Due to this special moments, i truly felt the need to live and enjoy life. Fairy Tail and the Dragons are my family now. We may not be related by blood, but having them treat me as one of them is more than enough. I love them and they love me. What more can i ask for?

  "Lulu!" A familiar voice shouted from a distance. I needed to narrow my eyes just to see who called me, though i already have a clue on who she is. The figure was small at first, but it only got bigger when it get closer. She was a cat, with angel wings. She has midnight blue eyes and golden fur but has a white belly and earlobes. Clearly, she's an exceed. Wearing a pink dress with a sweetheart neckline and matching shoes, she flew her way towards me. I didn't have the time to dodge nor move out of the way cause she already crashed into me.

  The impact was hard and enough to knock both of us down. Fortunately, we were falling backwards into the balcony but unfortunately, the fall can still break my bones. I hugged the exceed to cushion her fall, to assure that at least one of us would come out fine after this. I felt the world slowed down. Closing my eyes, i braced myself for the hard fall.

  "Princess!" I'm panicking, yeah. Who wouldn't? But i'm still aware of my surroundings. I swear i heard multiple gasps, yells and screams. Also, scrambling feet and muffled voices. But i can't determine who was who since i have my eyes closed.

  2 seconds had passed, I'm sure that i'm nearing the floor. But to my shock, i felt a warm hand under my back and another one under my legs. Wait. What just happened?

  "I got you, Luce. Don't worry." Opening my eyes, i looked at my savior. Even though the sun was shining directly at my view of his face, i still can tell who he is. Just by the warmth of his touch and sound of his voice, i know it's him.

  "N-Natsu?"

  "Who else, Weirdo?" With his simple sentence and boyish grin, it was enough for me to blush. GGAAAHH! Stop staring, idiot!!

  "Heavens! Are you alright, Lyn?!" Serena's worried voice broke my thoughts as i was brought to reality. Everyone was surrounding me, all worried and concern. I can even tell that the dragons outside palace are also getting worried.

  "Y-Yeah. Just shocked and a little dizzy. But i'm f-fine."

  "Maybe you should go back to your room and rest. You did enough today. Can you take her, Natsu?"

  "Sure. Do-" wait. Natsu's taking me to my room?! Noooo!! That's too awkward!! And why is he still carrying me bridal style?!

  "No! Ehhh. I mean, i'm f-fine! Don't w-worry about me!" waving my hands infront of me, i tried to brush off their concern. But as i did so, i heard a groan on my stomach. Confused, i stared down at the tearful exceed who, to my relief, wasn't injured.

  "L-Lulu.." She whispered.

  "Eh? Sari? Why are y-"

  "You almost g-got hurt because of my childishness. I'm s-sorry.." The exceed said, sobbing into her palms. Sheesh. This girl can be dramatic sometimes.

  "What's to be sorry for? No one got hurt, right? And it's not like you purposedly wanted to hurt me. So, relax. No harm done." I patted Sari's head and sighed. It's true. I'm not mad nor angry at her or anyone. And besides, i'm too happy right now and i doubt that anything can ruin it. The welcoming and announcement well than i had expected. Unbeknownst to me, i was smiling like an idiot.

  "What are you smiling on about, Luce? Don't tell me, your being weird again?" My smile turned upside down. I frowned and smacked the dragonslayer who was still carrying me, on the head. And yeah, the idiot is still carrying me. It maybe because of the happenings such as the swarming around us due to worry and Sari's drama. Maybe that's why he forgot that he still has me in his arms. But.. I don't really mind.

~°°♛°°~

HELLOOOOO!!

  So sorry for the late update! Just finished two weeks full of exams and projects! I had no time to write!!! I'm sooo sorry!!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14