Chapter 12: Celestia's Plan

The Star Goddess 2
'Let The War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 12: Celestia's Plan

Lucy's POV

A whole week had passed since we officially started training. I've been working hard with Celestia ever since. Everyone's been busy lately, limiting our times together. I haven't been able to hang out with my friends nor with the other dragons for that matter. Thankfully, i have Sari and Celestia to keep me company. The three of us growing closer every passing day.

I had been doing well with my training so far. At least that's what Celestia told me. Aside from the fact that i now can summon all of my spirits, i can perform Dragon slaying magic spells and moves. Only the basics though such as the roar, wing slash and many more. The Celestial Dragon's been very patient with me. Thank God for that. She hardly gets mad when i mess up or when i don't get the spell on the first couple of tries. Bless her soul.

Though, she's hard on me. Really tough, i mean. That's a fact. Yesterday, she made me do a lap around the whole island. A whole freakin' island. It took me a day to finish! Gaahhh! When i questioned her about it, she said it was for stamina. She even gave me a lecture!

And i quote, "Princess, stamina is important. It's what keep a mage going. It supports you in a fight, it helps you lasts longer during battles. In a way, it's a mage's fuel tank given that magic is the fuel. The bigger or larger the fuel tank or stamina, the more magic you could store and use in a fight. But be careful, once this fuel tank is emptied during a battle, it could lead to one's death. That's why we should increase your stamina. It's the thing that draws out your magic. The stronger your body lasts, the better." End of quote.

I understand her intention. But does she really need to work me to death? I swear, i saw stars when i collapsed after that horrid lap.

"Are you feeling better, Princess?" I heard my 'evil' teacher asked as she approached me. I was relaxing at the falls that was located here in her island. It's a little pass 9 but we still haven't started training. We usually start at dawn, before the sun peeks. I guess she was feeling a little guilty after what she put me through yesterday and allowed me to sleep in.

"I still feel like hell. All my muscles are aching and sore but i'll live." I tried to lighten her worries by joking. It seemed to work as i heard her chuckle a bit.

"That's good to know. I'm sorry for being too hard on you but time is gold, right? I need to be strict. We'll start training at 10, 'kay?" Grumbling, i nodded. And here i thought i'll get to have a day off. Guess my relaxation was short lived.

"Alright." i mumbled. Stretching my limbs, i can't help but wince due to my tensed and aching muscles. Groaning, i massaged my left shoulder using my right hand. I might have exhausted it yesterday when i climbed that big tree to be able to cross the river.

"Are you sure your fine? We can reschedule training for tomorro-"

"No. I'm fine. We can't lose any more time. I need to get stronger. For everyone's future. For Earthland. For the Dragon Realm. For Fairy Tail. For Natsu. For Mama." Subconsciously, the words just slipped off from my mouth. It was too late when i realized it. Did i just specifically mentioned Natsu's name? oh, man! I'm never gonna hear the end of it from Celestia!!

"Stronger? Why do you need to get stronger when we're here to back you up?" My eyes widened in shock. Not because she didn't teased me about Natsu, but because of her sudden serious question.

"Wh-"

"Princess, i want you to tell me the truth. When the war comes, are you willing to die for our sake? To defeat Zeref?" My brows knitted in confusion. What is she going with this?

"Of course i'am. No need to ask me that. What's with you all of the sudden?" I answered with no hesitation or whatsoever.

Because it's the truth. If the situation asks for it, then yes. I'm willing to sacrifice even my own life just to save theirs.

My confusion increased when i saw her shake her head in somewhat disappointment before turning around to walk away. But after taking a few steps, she looked over her shoulder to me and said the words that shocked me.

"Too bad, Princess. I'm not gonna let you die." And with that, she walked away completely, leaving me dumbfounded and clueless..

What was that?

~°°♛°°~

Celestia's POV

Why? Of all people, why is it her? The world isn't prepared to lose a pure hearted and one of a kind person such as her. She's too precious.. She's wonderful and far too nice to deserve this fate. So, why? Why her?

After walking away from Lucy, i immediately contacted Igneel. Using a communication lacrima.

"Celestia??" He questioned, once the lacrima was activated. He was also in his human form, sweats and bruises filled his features. He was also panting and seemed to be out of breath. He's probably training with Natsu.

"Hey, Igneel. I need a favor." The fire dragon's expression showed confusion and wonder as he signalled me to continue.

"Hmm? What is it?"

I told him what i was planning. He seemed hesitant at first, asking my true motives and reasons. I told him my concerns, sharing my worries and what if's.

"Please, Igneel. She needs this!"

"I have no problem with it. But does she know about this?"

"Eh? No. I wanted to surprise her. And if i did told her, she would just disagree and state that she doesn't want to be a bother. You know her! She's too stubborn for her own good!"

"I'm aware of that. But-"

"Listen, Igneel. All i want is for her to experience some fun. She's too young and innocent for this. You know that. Being queen and Star Goddess isn't an easy job. She'll be tie down to her responsibilities and priorities. And she's not even 20! She needs to have fun as much as she still can. Because she won't be able to do that once all of this is over." i pleaded, tears welling up on the corner of my eyes. Lucy might not show it, but she's slowly breaking down. With all the pressure, work, training and expectations. She won't be able to handle it herself. What's worse, she's not consulting anyone about her problems. She's just bottling it all inside.

She needs to let go. I'm sure she's not ready to tell me nor anyone about it. But i'm certain that a pink haired dragonslayer can break down that wall and facade. He's the only one who can comfort her this time.

"Fine. But what are you planning to tell her? That your just going to visit?" I can hear the sarcasm on his last sentence which made me roll my eyes.

"That's why i have a plan, Stupid Pyro."

~°°♛°°~

Gomen but no update for Stellar Mischief and Barbie Nerd..

I need advice minna! Which course is much better? Psychology or Business Ad?

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14