Chapter 17: What If?

The Star Goddess 2
'Let The War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 17: What If?

Lucy's POV

"W-What?" He finally asked after moments of silence.

"What if i don't w-wanna be a Q-Queen? All of this h-happened so f-fast. Since my memories were sealed, i've believed that i'm j-just a daughter of a w-wealthy business man. I've b-been called a P-Princess, Mistress, Miss, and L-Lady but never once i imagined to be a Q-Queen. The responsibilities are so overwhelming. The pressure is so overbearing. I h-hate it. I'm s-starting to believe that i don't r-really want it. I'm still too young to b-be tied down to the throne. I want to h-have more adventures! With Fairy Tail! With you! I d-don't want to leave!" I clinged to his shirt, sobbing heavily in his chest. The very thought of leaving Fairy Tail caused so much pain. Yes, i left before. For vacation and to discover myself. I never thought that vacation of less than 2 months would change my entire life.

"Shh.. Luce. Stop crying. The Dragons are your family r-"

"But so is F-Fairy Tail! I d-don't want to leave! I don't want t-to leave Levy-san, Wendy, Lisanna, Cana, Juvia, Erza, Gray, Mira, and even Laxus and Gajeel! I don't want to leave Everyone! Especially y-you and Happy! I c-can't take it! I love you guys s-so much!" I wrapped my arms around his torso, afraid that he'll disappear or leave. I'm aware that i'm an emotional wreck right now. But it can't be helped. I expected this when i started confiding to him earlier.

"Listen, Luce. Nobody's asking you to leave, right? If anyone does, send them my way and i'll burn them to crisp." Choking out a laugh, i tightened my hold of him. He really knows how to make me feel better. His protective nature and sense of humor never fails him. Not once. He's right, though. No one's forcing me to leave the guild but..

"No one does but being Queen, i'll have to divert my full attention to my duties. It's a lifetime job. I w-won't be able to visit the guild since i-i'll be too busy. I c-can't go on missions with you a-anymore since i'll be attending meetings, d-doing paperworks, and other queenly duties." My voice was softer and calmer than earlier. I expected a violent reaction from him but instead, he snorted.

"That sounds boring. Are you sure that's how Lucy would rule the Dragon Realm? By sitting on her throne all day, doing paperworks? Lucy's not boring. Lucy would never follow traditions and old habits like that." Shocked by his words, i leaned back to look at him. He had his signature grin on.

"Wha-"

"As i said, you're you. Lucy is Lucy. You don't have to be stuck in your palace all day like your mother or the past queens did. If you really want to, you can visit the guild and do mission with us." Using both of his thumbs, he wiped the tears on my cheeks.

"I c-can't do that! I-"

"Yes, you can. If you really want to. You're the Queen, remember? A Queen's order are divine and absolute. You've sacrificed enough for them; Accepting the throne at a young age and fighting Zeref. They would surely understand."

"I don-"

"Don't overthink this. You're coronation is delayed until the upcoming war is over, right? You have a lot of time to think about it. Don't pressure yourself, Luce. Alright?" Chuckling, i leaned more to his warmth, resting my head on the crook of his scarf. I'm not on the right state to fuss over my privacy or space. At this moment, i don't care about our closeness and proximity. He doesn't seemed to mind as he wrapped his arms around my thin figure. I need his comfort. His warmth.

"T-Thank you, Natsu.." it came out as a muffled response, burying my face into his scaly patterned scarf, unconsciously inhaling his scent as i did so.

"Anytime, Luce.." smiling, i allowed the soft breeze and his warmth lull me to sleep.

~°°♛°°~

Sun rays tickled my skin, waking me up from my deep yet peaceful slumber. Groaning, i slowly opened my eyes only to forcibly close them once again. Adjusting my sight, i started looking around. Panic arose when i realized i wasn't in my room, nor in any for that manner. Instead of being in a soft bed, i was lying on the hard grassed land. Placing a hand in my forehead, i tried to recall yesterday's event.

Right..

Celestia planned me a day off. I was with Natsu the whole day. Swimming and laughing. Though, why do i feel like i'm forgetting something?

Blushing, a memory of us hugging suddenly flashed through my mind. I was sitting on his lap while our arms were around each other. Almost like we didn't want to let go. He comforted me last night. I broke down infront of him, literally telling him i don't want to be a Queen. God, he might think i'm some brat who wants to escape her responsibilities.

During my mental panic, i heard a groan from behind me. No, from beside me. What? I tried to get up only to be stopped by a strong force holding me in place. Gasping, i looked over my shoulder to see a mop of pink hair. Just only then i realized what was happening. Turns out, we fell asleep here in eachother's arms. He had an arm on my waist while my back was facing him.

"Wait.. if we slept here, then that means.. no no no no!" I kept on chanting, too engrossed on my own thoughts to notice that the pyro beside me already woke up.

"You're too noisy, Luce.." the pink haired idiot mumbled, pulling me towards him even more. We were so close. I can practically feel his breath on my nape, making me shiver.

"N-Natsu! Wake u-up, idiot! It's already m-morning!" A groaned was heard from the lazy dragonslayer. I actually expected him to protest and ask for 5 more minutes but he didn't. Instead, i heard him sigh before he let go. Wanting to escape the awkward atmosphere, i scrambled to my feet and walked towards the lake. After splashing my face with water, i dried it off using my handkerchief. I composed myself, waiting for my reddened cheeks to die down. Once calmed, i whisked around to face the dragonslayer. He was now awake, lying on his back while using both his hands as a pillow, staring at the bright blue sky with clouds peeking through the clearing.

"Natsu?" I called out to him, making the pyro look up to me as i was walking towards him.

"Yeah?" I slumped down beside him, avoiding eye contact as much as possible. Whenever our eyes meet, flashbacks of what happened last night kept on crossing my mind. God, i can't even look at him without remembering what happened!

"S-Sorry for being such a m-mess last n-night." maybe it was an understatement. I wasn't just a mess, i was a wreck! Bottling all that emotions and negative thoughts broke me down, luckily Natsu was here to comfort me. Trapped in my own thoughts, i didn't even noticed him sat up. I only acknowledged it when he placed a hand on top of my head, his little way of assuring me.

"No worries. That's what bestfriends are for, right?" A familiar pain stabbed me straight in the heart. Just Bestfriend huh?

"So, this is where you two ran off yesterday." Oh, crap. Was that Celestia? With Igneel and Serena?!

~°°♛°°~

Rein's back!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14