Chapter 20: Kiss?

The Star Goddess 2
'Let The War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 20: Kiss?

Lucy's POV

  "I take back what i said earlier, Erza. By all means, please continue.." my mouth hanged open at Serena's word. That freakin' traitor! Glaring at her, the water dragon sent me a smirk.

  "Thank you, Serena. Now, Lucy and Natsu? Would you do the honors?" Flushing red, i hid my face in my hands, muffling a curse. I don't want my first kiss to be wasted like this! Well, it's not that i don't want Natsu to be it but still! I want it to be romantic, out of our own free will! Not like this! Just because of a stupid game!! Mama! Kami! Neptune! Anyone! Save me!! Please!!

  "E-Erza! I don't t-think this is-" I heard Natsu started but was cut off. I don't know what happened since my face was still covered but i did heard shuffling. Before i knew it, i felt a heavy weight over me. Shocked, i looked up only to see Natsu's face inches from mine, a glaring Erza behind him. It turned out that she dragged him here, forcing him to kneel infront of me. She might have been too forceful since Natsu had his right hand on the ground beside me while his other was on my shoulder for support and to balance himself. The crowd around us cheered, all leaning forward as if waiting for something to happen. What are we? In a movie?!

  "Kiss her Natsu or face the consequences." We both gulped, hearing her threatening tone sent shivers down our spines. Natsu looked at me, then down to my lips as if asking for permission. I tried to think of any possible way to escape the situation i'm in but seeing there was many expectators and Erza's firm gaze, i knew there was no way out. Giving him a sad smile, i nodded. The small group around us must have noticed our exchange as they squealed.

  "A-Are you sure?" Natsu whispered, low enough for me to only hear. Once again, i nodded. He sighed. Cupping my cheeks with his calloused hands, he started leaning down while i firmly closed my eyes. This is it.. My first kiss..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

  Instead, i felt something warm and soft on the tip of my nose. It was quick, about 2 seconds. Wait.. what was that?

  "Natsu! I said on the lips! You kissed her nose-" i heard Erza yelled. Snapping my eyes opened, i was greeted by Natsu's shy smile, a fuming Erza behind him and the faces of a disappointed crowd.

  "I'm sorry, Erza. You can do whatever you want with me but i won't steal Lucy's first kiss." I stared at the pyro infront of me in shock. So, he really didn't kissed me? Just my nose? Doesn't he want to-

  "Don't you want to kiss her, Flame Brain?! You just wasted a once in a lifetime opportunity!" Gray whined, earning a glare from dragonslayer.

  "Of cours—I mean, shut up! Being her bestfriend, i know how she values her first kiss! She want it to be romantic and out of free will! Not forced like this!" I unconsciously smiled at his words. He surely does know me well. He took the words right out of my mouth. Honestly, i was disappointed at first when he just kissed my nose but now, hearing his explanation, i can't help but fall inlove with him even more. If it was someone else, they would have done it in a blink of an eye out of fear. But he didn't. Instead, he put my feelings first than his own well being. Never would have thought of him to be a real gentleman.

  "But Natsu! She agreed! Isn-" Igneel started but was cut off by his foster son.

  "Then what? Sacrifice our friendship? I know you're thinking that it's just a stupid kiss but to us, it isn't. Once i kiss her, that only doesn't mean i stole her first but also our friendship would change. For the better or worse. But guess what? I'm not willing to gamble it just to satisfy you all." I can see the guilt swimming in their eyes. Wow.. I never thought Natsu to be this matured.. I didn't know he value our friendship this much..

  "I never said anything when you're teasing us just because i don't want things to be awkward between us. But this? This is going too far. So, please. Let us be. If you think you're helping, then think again. There is only two outcomes of what you're doing. It might bring us closer or apart. I appreciate that you're trying to 'help' us but don't cross the line. You're not playing with toys here. We're humans with feelings and emotions." He sent them one last glare before he ruffled my hair and walked away. Glancing at my friends, they all had on a solemn and guilty look. They must have been to caught up with their matchmaking to realize the consequences. Giving them all a reassuring smile, i stood up and followed Natsu. He was fast, immediately losing track of him. Thankfully, one of the Palace Dragons helped me. She pointed out that he went upstairs.

  Upstairs? Running up the elegant staircase, i came face-to-face with the hall that contains our former rooms. Sniffing the air, i used my new heightened senses to follow his scent. I came to an abruptly stop infront of a familiar room. My room to be precise. What would he be doing here?

  "Natsu?" I called out once i opened the door. When i didn't receive a response, i looked around the room in hope to spot him. A mop of pink was spotted on the other side of the glass door that leads to the balcony. Smiling, i approached it, opening the door, the cold breeze immediately greeted me. It was almost 6 in the afternoon. The sun was getting ready to set. The once azure sky was now hinted with yellow, red and orange. Natsu was leaning on the balcony, watching the incredible view of the setting sun.

  "Hey." Greeting him, i stood beside him and leaned at the balcony as well. My eyes was planted on the beautiful view but i know he was looking at me.

  "Sorry.." that made me look at him.

  "Why are you sorry?" Giggling, i watched him pout. I should have known. Despite the maturity he displayed earlier, he was still a child at heart.

  "I'm sorry for snapping at everyone." He looked away, once again admiring the setting sun. I followed his lead, leaning my head on his shoulder. He didn't seemed to mind as he leaned his own head on top of mine.

  "You shouldn't tell me that. I'm not the one who you snapped at."

  "Well, yeah. But still, i didn't mean to say it like that. I j-just felt pressured and s-snapped." He interlaced his left hand with my right.

  "I thought it was cute. I now know why you won't help me deal with the teasing. Thanks for considering my feelings, Natsu. It was sweet of you." Giving his hand a slight squeeze, i chuckled.

  "Sorry, Luce.." huh? Why would he be sorry? I thought we've gone over this?

  "What-"

  "I'm sorry. The truth is, i really did want to kiss you earlier."

~°°♛°°~

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there! Especially to the King of our household, my Daddy! Love you, Daddy!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14