Chapter 25: Little Gifts

The Star Goddess 2
'Let the War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 25: Little Gifts

Lucy's POV

  I carefully unwrapped the package that Celestia gave me. There was no note nor letter attached to it for me to decipher who it came from. But how messy the way it was wrapped gave me an idea. It has to be him. No doubt.

  I opened the box and leaned forward to see what was inside. It surprised me when i saw a yellow rose with a red tip and a piece of paper which seems to be a note. Curiously, i took both items out of the box and sat on the edge of the bed. I examined the single flower on my hand. It was thornless, light yellow that was coated red on the tip. The way it bloomed was wide, adding to the beauty of it.

  I transfered my attention to the note. No doubt, it was Natsu's handwriting. Messy and barely readable. The content was short but it made me smile nonetheless.

~°°♛°°~

Dear Luce,

You're smart. You probably know the meaning of this flower. Take care, Weirdo.

Natsu

~°°♛°°~

  It was simple. Straight to the point. Blunt. To others, this might seem boring or unromantic. Not so much effort exerted. But to me, it's the complete opposite.

  A yellow rose with a red tip. The color yellow symbolizes friendship while red signifies affection and love. Combining both, you have friendship and love in the mix. I felt touch that Natsu actually considers our friendship. He makes it such a big deal. Especially when we had our game. He really stood up for our friendship, not giving in to the temptation the opportunity brought. He showed me—us how great his respect towards me is. Wow. He's romantic in his own way.

  I felt stupid overthinking about it. Yet, i was the one who talked Natsu into accepting me as me and him as him. Despite that, i still assumed and hoped he'll do things for me. That he'll be romantic and full of surprises. I should have expected this. That he'll be unique and sweet in his own way.

  Honestly, i liked it. The efforts and gestures. It might not be much, but it's sweet and definitely more of Natsu's style.

~°°♛°°~

  The rest of the week passed by like a blur. Quite uneventful. All i did was train. Eat. Train again. Do some paperworks. Train once more. Rest. Then train till i drop. The package from Natsu was followed by two more. The second one, a day after the first was given, contained a face towel, bottle of water, some vitamins and a sandwich. Another note was found inside with the message, 'Don't push yourself too hard, Luce. You tend to do that. Relax and Enjoy.'

  The gesture was sweet. The thought behind the package was heart melting. I can't help but squeal like a school girl while eating the sandwich.

  The third was as thoughtful as the first two. Again with the messy wrappings and poorly tied ribbon. The content was a book and a bookmark. I immediately squealed upon scanning the title of the book. It was the last installment of the series i was obsessed with last month before we went here in the Dragon Realm. I remember passing by a bookstore and saw it on display. Like lightning, i dashed inside while dragging Natsu behind me. Though, i walked out of the store with slumped shoulders that day. That was the only book i need to complete the series, yet i don't have enough jewels to buy it. Turns out, it costs about 7,000J. Way too much that i originally thought it would. That time, i was so tight with my budget since i was in the verge of being kicked out of my own apartment. If i wasn't, i would have bought that book without second thoughts or hesitation. I just love that series so much.

  As i set aside the book, my eyes landed on the bookmark that was packed along with the book. Upon close inspection, i realized that it was handmade. By Natsu! It was rectangular in shape, with not-so-straight edges. The background was midnight blue. The edges was painted gold, creating a lining. Slightly large stars were drawn on the sides using gold paint. The word 'Weirdo' was written in a downward motion. The top has a small hole on it, with a yellow ribbon tied on it. Admiring the poorly made bookmark, i had a hard time deciphering if it was made by a teenage dragonslayer or a 7-year-old boy. Seriously, it looked like those arts and crafts made by children!

  A grin stretched on my lips. It was cute. How Natsu creates things for me. I rather have a guy who would exert his efforts in making something than guys that would just buy things for their girl. It made me feel special and lucky. Natsu's definitely not your average guy but he's surely amazing. I can't wait for the next days..

  The first batch's time alloted to stay here was over. They were scheduled to leave today. At exactly 12 noon was the time they were assigned to leave this realm. Of course, being the one that had brought them here, i was the one who was going to lead them out. I also have a task to fetch the second batch for training. Glancing at my watch, i saw that it was half an hour before noon. I was still at Celestial's domain, resting after a hard training session we did.

  I knew i had to prepare. The trip to the Palace of the Stars is quite long. Though, that's not the only thing i need to brace myself on. I'm going to face my friends again who were left behind at Magnolia. The first batch's stay here went surprisingly well. According to their respective trainer and mentor, they all did well. All improved, both in combat and magic. Now, with the new list of Fairy Tail members who i'll be bringing here next, i started to prepare for my departure for the palace. Hopefully, i'll see Natsu there..

~°°♛°°~

KON'NICHIWAAAAA! *froze, shivers under your heated glares*

  Gomen for not updating!! I really had a tough week(s). Since it's the end of the quarter, I needed to finish all the requirements and all. I'm sorrrryyyyy!! Then my 18th birthday is coming up! Don't get me wrong. I'm not planning on having a Fairy tale themed debut party nor do I want a celebration at all. Just getting together with my friends would be more than enough. I'm actually looking forward to a complete Harry Potter and Percy Jackson series set! Not that my mom agreed but since I won't have a party like my sister did, I figured she'll grant my wish.

  WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't wait!! *jumps up and down while squealing like a fangirl* (the perks of being a bookworm: would exchange a debut party for books) Some of you would think it's crazy, but that's just how i'am. I don't like being the center of attraction nor pretty dresses and make up. I'm weird like that..

  So, I'm really hoping I'll be in the mood to write the next few days. I've been missing deadlines and dates awfully a lot. I really need to change that..

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or Pm,

And vote

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14