Chapter 24: Secret Courtship

The Star Goddess 2
'Let the War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 24: Secret Courtship

Lucy's POV

  It was an uneventful afternoon. A day since the dragons and their human counterparts left to train once again. Since Natsu had asked to court me. I would be lying if i said i'm not expecting something from him. I really do. I badly want to know what he'll do to prove his sincerety. Is he the type to give flowers or presents? A man of surprises? Or is he not the expressive type?

  "What's on your mind, Lucy?" I squeaked in surprise when Celestia's voice suddenly appeared beside me. I was too engrossed with my thoughts to even notice that she was already beside me.

  "Eh?" She sat next to me, dipping her feet on the lake as well. It was pass noon, the sun was up high as it claimed it's spot on the azure sky. We were on Celestia's domain, on our lunch break. I spent it here near the lake, lost in my own train of thoughts. I was on a trance that i failed to notice that Celestia had come.

  "Don't play dumb, Princess. You were all smiles when we left the Palace. Now, you're lost in thought and smiling quite fondly to yourself." I blushed at her observation. Was i that obvious?

  "Y-your point?"

  "What happened with Natsu?" My cheeks exploded crimson as she mentioned him. How come she knew that he's involved in this? Was I really that easy to read?

  "N-Nothing happened. Absolutely n-nothing! I mean... why w-would you t-think that?!" My laugh was a little too high in pitch than my average. Groaning, i saw her triumph smirk. She knew i was lying at that very moment.

  "You're still planning on lying?" Sighing, i shook my head. I have no reason to comply to her. I knew that. I was aware of my feelings, not confused or troubled. I had accepted it a long time ago. Natsu had done nothing wrong as of the moment. We also made an agreement to not tell anyone about us for now.

  "I'm fine, Celestia. Just anxious, is all." Was my response, which was true. She narrowed her eyes at me, seeing if she can break me. But i held my ground. I want to see where me and Natsu will work out or not. I'll keep our progress to myself if i have to to know.

  "Fine. Just know that you're free to talk to me anytime about anything." I gave her a brief nod which she returned with a faint smile. By her sudden mood change, i can tell that she was disappointed that i had kept a secret from her.

  "I know." I replied softly, avoiding eye contact. I heard her sigh. From the corner of my eyes, i saw her get up.

  "We'll start training in 10 minutes. Get ready." With that, she left. Honestly, i felt guilty for not telling her. Especially when i saw her slump shoulders and disappointed expression. She's practically my second mother. One after my own. Surely she has the right to know about my life. Yet, i chose to keep it to myself. I sound selfish but i won't change my mind. I'm sorry, Celestia. There are just things that's best to leave unsaid and kept a secret.

~°°♛°°~

  It was a stressful day. Morning till past noon, i spent my day training new spells and techniques. In summarization, i learned Celestial Dragon's wing slash, star explosion and descending comets. You might think it's just a few but when you're in my place, training your ass off, you would say otherwise. Those were slightly above average spells. Celestia had even complemented me, praising me for catching up fast. From her deductions, she concluded that we would be able to finish my Celestial Dragon Slaying in a year. It was enough to fully master the art of that magic. I agreed with her. I still need to learn the water element, anyways. I need to balance out my schedule and time. It's only a matter of time before Zeref rises.

  The rest of the day, 2 pm onwards, i had spent it at the Palace. I was forced to return back to finish a few paperworks. That was the struggle of being the next in line. You have a lot of responsibilities that can tie you down. It was annoying if anything. I hate it.

  But a Princess got to do what a princess got to do, right?

  "That's the last of it, your highness." It was Celia, another Palace Dragon. She was a maid and helper around here. She's on her late twenties with black hair and eyes, when in human form. She's really reliable. All of the Palace Dragons are, in fact.

  "Thanks, Celia." With that, she left. Groaning, i exited my office and started to venture the long halls to my room. I've been cope up in there for 2 hours straight, doing nothing but writing and reading. It was really tiring. My eyes keep on dropping due to exhaustion and boredom. This was the first time i actually got bored in writing. With all the laws and regulations i'm reading and all. You would think i would have lesser paperworks given that i'm ruling dragons and not actual people. But you're wrong. These creatures are far more aggressive than humans. They need extra laws to keep them in line. And they tend to break rules a lot. And i mean a LOT. God. I hope i won't do it ever again.

  "Lucy!" My head snapped upwards at the mention of my name. It was Celestia. She ran from across the hall to catch up with me. I patiently waited for her.

  "Hmmm?" I hummed tiredly. By this time, it was obvious that i'm physically and emotionally tired and stressed.

  "Well, someone's beat." She teased. With all the remaining energy i had, i mastered her a glare.

  "That's what i get for training 6 hours today then flying all the way here to lock myself in my office to do boring paperworks." Snorting, i crossed my hands infront of me. She covered her mouth with her hand to restrain her giggle.

  "You'll get used to it." Was her only reply.

  "I guess. Was that why you called me? To make fun of my dead beat state?"

  "Nope. I have here a package for you." I looked at her questioningly. She shrugged and brought out a box that was covered in gold and white wrappings. The way it was messily wrapped gave me a faint idea on who it was from. Thanking her, i snatched the package from her hands and made my way towards my room. Along the way, i keep on shaking the box to listen to the noise it makes inside. I can't seem to guess what was inside, though.

  What did Natsu got me this time?

~°°♛°°~

OH MY FREAKIN' POSEIDON!

I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER (it's just been 4 weeks so i might be exaggerating). I'M SOOOO SORRY! We had quarterly exams, Zumba dance, 2 science projects, a thesis title defense and an acquaintance party (which was held last friday, started at 7 pm till 5 am). I was busy! Then i was caught up with reading Percy Jackson. (I'm kinda obsessed with Percabeth as of the moment, as well as Greek Gods and mythology)

  WWAAHHHHHHHH! DON'T FRET, PEOPLE! REIN IS STILL ALIVE! BREATHING! HER SOUL IS STILL ATTACHED AND INTACT! SHE'LL CONTINUE UPDATING THE NEXT WEEKS. (though, some would be late and delayed) BEAR WITH ME, PEOPLE!!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14