James

"Where are we?" Cassandra's own confidence dawdling.

"We're in Sanctum Court."

"Where?"

He gave her an irritated look, indicating his patience with her is about to run dry.

"It's a headquarters for Protectors."

"Wait—WHAT? Who are protectors?"
This is a dream, but yet it's not.

"We keep important people safe from Incubuses and... Well Gabriel."

She couldn't help it, laughing. Her mellifluous laughter echoing and bouncing off crystal white walls for ages.

When Cassandra was done she wiped away her tears and smiled brightly at the unamused man.

"Your funny, now who hired you to do this? Was it Sarah? It was wasn't it?"

His lips scowled and an unpleasant expression slipped across his face.

"You think your dreaming? You think this is some kind of joke?"

"Yes I do actually."

"Come with me."

He grabs her by the hand and a sharply intake of oxygen traps inside her as the nerves betray her. A field of goosebumps rise up on her arms and a tingle begins in the fingertips.

Cassandra's eyes shut exasperatedly.

"Is this what you wanted Cass? Did you want me to be this way? Did you want me to swoon and swear my life to lay down for you?" The voice was male and kind.

"No, I never wanted that, all I wanted was..."

"You," I say aloud.

It seems as if he is in the same state she's in when her eyes gaze at him. His head turns back to Cassandra and a pained expression crosses his features.

"No, That's not what's going to happen," He answers back with a sorrowful and almost somber tone.

The strange new vulnerability in his green eyes, startling Cassandra.

He continued to lead her to an empty room and shut the door after them. Sealing them in together, alone.
The room had gray wallpaper and white carpeting.

"Cass—Cassandra, Have you ever had a vision?"

"Yes, every day it gets worse and worse."

He pushes her against the wall with his weight and the feeling of oxygen locked up in her lungs, never to be released, was deafening.

His hands kept on Cassandra's elbows while her own lay against his black v-neck shirt.

"Have you ever had one of me?" His eyebrows shoot up and his eyes look down to the ground in bashfulness? Really? He's bashful?

"I-I-I've only seen a tattoo."

"One that changes from white to black," He clarifies.

"Yes, but how-"

He rips off his shirt and turns his back to her. On his shoulder blades were white wings. White wings from the dream, her vision. He pulls it back down and faces Cassandra with bright hope.

"How do you know this? Wait, who are you?"

"Maybe she shouldn't ask, just figure out how to escape this," She thought to herself

"I'm Your Aylward, but I've been known better by you as James. Do you believe in fate?"

"Fate? Not one second, it's cliche and redundant."