James's Journal

July:

There was only one place I could think of to bring her...the safe house in Croslex. Nobody comes here, and nothing ever occurs in this town so I figured it was a good idea. It's red bricks are in need of repair and a new coat of paint so while I wait for her I'll fix this place up. Maybe I could install new wood in the window frames, or clear the deck from its mess? I just have to do something other than watch her lay painfully still. I pulled up the cover and laid her naturally. She normally sleeps on her right side...

-------------------------------

I sit here in this upholstered chair beside her bed, our bed. I can't sleep anymore...I can feel something unnerving me...something.
I haven't felt the presence of God since I saw her in Hell.

"Where are you?"

That's seems to be the question I ask him everyday.

--------------------------

I cleared out the porch so it's much better. Tonight I plan on painting it for a bit and checking up on you once in a while. I figured that maybe I should write to you because the truth is that...
I can't let go...

----------------------------

Cassandra come back to me, I can't live this way without you!

August:

Hi beautiful... I know I haven't written in a while but I just wanted to let you know that I finished painting and reapplying wood to the house. It's come together really nice, and I think you'll appreciate it...I mean I think you would.

-------------------------

I'm sorry for how I ended my last message. It's been two weeks and I keeping thinking about it...

The truth is, I know what we had was real and it was good. I know I should've cherished you more, loved you more. I know...That your not here. I miss you so much though. I miss waking up to your smile...your lips.
I miss your laugh! Your eyes, and your personality. I miss how you used to squirm when I touched you behind you neck. I remember everything we've shared, and I am happy I spent what I could with you,

I love you Cassandra, now and always.

-----------------------------------

This is hard for me Darling...I don't want to stop this, I don't want to stop writing to you! I know that I must to heal...I'm so sorry, but I love you. Goodbye Cass, I'll be seeing you on the other side.