Whats between the seats?

Dedicated to: woofitsjaz thank you for letting me know how much you like the story. :-D

A red Impala had been stored in the garage of the house. Impressed, James grabs the keys off the wall and quickly gets in. Turning the key in the ignition, the engine roars to life.

"Okay, Here we go."

He speeds out of the garage and down the driveway.

-----------------

James had been driving way ahead of the speed limit, but he knows that he's not far behind Cassandra.

She's somewhere near, somewhere.

A surge of power drove through his hands and directed which way they turn.

"And I thought you weren't going to help me," He smirks to God.

James has to find Cassandra, he knows he does, and then he has to kill Gabriel. He has to take his head and burn it in the fire of God.

He turns right and a town comes into view. It's lights contradicting the midnight blanket of stars.

"She's somewhere James, don't give up yet," he whispers to himself in comfort, "Somewhere."

He passes by one streetlight to the next and then a red light.

A black Sudan stopped in front of him, but the lights were off. There wasn't braking lights like usual or parking lights, just black as night.

Maybe they need help, battery or gas problems?

James drives off to the side and parks in front of a closed store. Grabbing his jacket, he opens the car door and carefully scans the outside world. No Incubuses in sight.

His footsteps whispering against the hard cement.

The passenger car door footsteps away, but nobody in the front seat. James grabs ahold of the door handle and pulls it open to no one. Not a body in sight, or a sound.

Walking to the second door he opens it and scans the interior.

His eyes look upon the leather black seats and sees no one. Then he sees a hand limply laying on the ground.

James walks around to the other side of the car and opens the other door. Feet sticking out and black leggings on her body.

"Cassandra," He softly relieves.

A ball of muscles relaxed in the pit of his stomach.

Her body fidgets to get comfortable in between the seats and settles back down.

James carefully picks her head up off the floor and sits her up.

She seems okay, maybe a tad distraught, but she's alive.

He leans towards her and scoops under back causing her head to fall back.
She was absolutely breathtaking in his mind. Worth every pain and struggle he has ever had.

His other arm scooped under her knees and carries her out of the back seat.
Making sure her head is supported by his shoulder, he adjusts accordingly.

James walks over to the passenger side and sets her down so he can open the door to put her in.

Carefully he picks her up and sits her onto the soft leather. Then shuts the door as quietly as he can.

"Alright, find a hotel, stay the night, and then be mad at her in the morning. Right now...just be grateful you found her."

James opens up his door and starts the car up again. Slowly he drives away from the dead Sudan and down the road. Keeping his eyes peeled for any sign of a hotel.

"Come on...Come on..." he whispers.

Cassandra moves again in her sleep and ends up laying on the center console, on top of his resting arm.
He can't help but soften at the sight of her. Slowly he removes his arm and places it over top her shoulder.

"Almost there."

Blinking red and blue lights crowd across his vision. Open. Quickly he scans the building and reads the main sign.

"Begawan's Hotel."

James turns left, into the parking lot, and finds a parking space. He turns the key off and stuffs it in his pocket.

James gets out of the car and opens up the passenger side door. Cassandra's body spread across her seat and the center console. A corner of his lips lifts as he tries to get her out of the car.

"Mmm, James, Is it time?" She dreamily asks.

"Yes darling," He whispers back.

Her head limply lays against his left shoulder and James quickly grips under her back and knees to keep her from falling.

Using his feet he kicks shut the door, not caring if it scratches or not at the moment. Cautiously, He carries her into the hotel lobby and is met with curious eyes behind the counter.

"Sir?"

"It's been a long night for the Mrs., do you happen to have any rooms available?"

The Man's original Skeptic look changes to a understanding smile.

"We have a room open just down this hallway and to the left, room 14. Will this be one or more nights?"

"I'll let you know," James replies as he tries to get a better grip on Cassandra.

"Credit, Check, or Cash?"

"Cash."

"Alright, it's going to be $120 a night, okay?"

"Sure, one second."

He sets her down on the couch and turns his attention back to the clergy man. He had pure eyes and brown hair. Around his neck seemed to be a chained necklace, probably of the cross at the end.
James digs out his wallet and pulls out the cash needed.

"Thank you sir, I hope you and your wife have a great stay.

"Thanks, would you mind getting the door for me?"

"Sure thing sir."

James looks back at Cassandra and notice how calm her facial expressions are. She's out like a light.

He smiles as he picks her up again and carries her to their room. The short man holds open the door and shuts it immediately after they enter. James spots the bed through the darkness and sets Cassandra down on it gently.

"There we go."

He pulls back and up the blankets for her. She snuggles into them soundly and pulls the pillow into her chest.
James sheds his jacket, his belt, his shoes, and his weapons. He had to come prepared for anything.

Slowly he crawls in bed next to her and pulls her in close to his body. Out of frustration, she pushes the pillow pressed against her chest and curls into James.

"I'm happy your okay Cass," he whispers into her ear.

She sighs warmly and lays a hand flat against his chest. Slowly he allows himself to calm down and fall asleep next to her.