Between the Wings

"Issac, so nice of you to join us, I was just about ready for the main entertainment!" Gabriel laughs as he throws Cassandra to the floor again.

She flattens herself against the floor in pain and looks over to watch Sarah. Her eyes wide with terror for her own friend chained to the floor hopelessly.

"The main event is ready for you Issac, please, show Cassandra what happens if you deny me."

Isaac's lips quirk up and a distinguishable scar crosses over his lips. Cassandra glances up at him and gasps in surprise.

"Issac? Your supposed to be dead? I SAW JAMES KILL YOU!" Cassandra yells to him.

"Issac why don't you begin your lesson," Gabriel commands.

"Yes sir."

Issac lifts his hands toward Sarah and twist his wrist. Sarah writhers in pain and let's out a scream.

"NO! STOP PLEASE!"

Sarah's body then freezes and Issac pulls out a handgun from his robes and aims directly between Sarah's eyes.

"ISSAC NO! PLEASE!" Cassandra begs him.

"Watch her blood spill upon you," he speaks to her.

Cassandra meets her eyes and can't hold in the tears anymore. She lets a couple slip and then closes her eyes, no longer able to see her friend in pain.

Issac's finger pulls back on the trigger and feels the jolt of the bullet fly through the barrel and towards his target.

"Goodbye Sarah," he smirks.

Just as fast as the bullet had been released, it had been deflected.

There he was, her Guardian, standing tall and mighty and...angry. The bullet shot into his chest and she flinched, but he stood tall with no emotion but rage.

"James, so nice of you to join us, but you really shouldn't have destroyed our entertainment," Issac boasts.

"Maybe you should be dead instead of entertaining, you were a better corpse than an entertainer anyways," James spat out the words to him.

"James?" Cassandra's voice coarse.

He never turns his eyes to her, they concentrate on Gabriel and Issac.

"James Cobalt—"

"Your wrong, I am James Tolent, Guardian of Cassandra Tolent, Watcher of the Tolent bloodline, and Partner of Cassandra Tolent. Nothing will ever change that, not some incubus scum like you two."

Gabriel has steaming coming from his ears, red bursting from his face, and foam coming out his mouth.

"GET HIM!"

Incubuses voices cloud James's mind as he stands in front of Sarah. He tries to concentrate on one thing, one person. Gabriel will die for what he's done.

"This won't save you!" James shouts to Gabriel.

Black clouds crowd him in dark figures and he swiftly moves to action. James pulls out both of his handguns and begins to fire at random dark shadows. They evaporate with a sizzle and a haunting scream.

A spot in between incubuses opens and reveals Issac's amused face. James takes his chance and shots two bullets at him. They slice through the air and hit the target in his arm and lower abdomen. A strangled cry comes from Issac's mouth and he falls to the ground in pain.

James grabs a Ray Bomb and pulls the trigger. It blinks dimly three times and then blasts full out sunshine. James jumps over top Cassandra to block her eyes from the blast and cover her.