Mother.

"James-James-James-"

A soft voice repeats his name inside his mind. He opens eyes to a dark room and the bathroom shut in front him. Their house has grown quiet and tense.

James slides down the door and sees a wide enough opening between the door and floor. He slides his fingers in the gap to the other side for her.

"I'm sorry Cass...I didn't mean it, I'm just...just an ass. What I meant to say back there was that I want all those things with you; however, as much as I want that and you, I have to do my duty."

"This is never going to be easy is it?" She whispers through the door.

"I'm afraid not," James feels a sharp pain in his heart.

"How did we fall off track?"

"Not "we", me, It's not your fault, but mine."

"Stop this, I'm sick of fighting, I'd rather live peacefully than painfully with you."

"You and me both."

He feels her hand grab his fingers and the void they were once in is back.

The blackness fades to a room full of people he loves. His father...sister...Nathan...Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Cassandra...His mother.

Like a little boy he ran to her and wrapped his arms around her, hugging her.

"Shhh...James, It's alright, it's okay..."

"I'm dying mother," He sobs into her shoulder.

"No, Your living again," She smiles and presses a kiss to his cheek.

"Mother?"

"She's bring you back-back-back go back-go-go-Back..."

James opens his eyes and sucks in a huge breath, wheezing on the cold oxygen consuming their air.

He looks around and sees the walls of hell still. He scans for Gabriel and finds his severed head by his body. He searches for the dirty blonde hair now.

James looks to his right and down at the ground, finding her unconscious and her body twitching. Sparks of silver and bright white coming off her fingertips.

"Cassandra..."

Quickly he regains his strength and a sharp pain comes from his abdomen. James looks down at the torn blood drenched cloth and  pulls his shirt up to reveal nothing but a purple bruise where the stab wound was. His back falters and he quickly runs his fingers up his spine and feels a sealed scar.

"No...NO! NO! IM SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN DEAD! NO!"

James falls to his knees in despair beside Cassandra and gathers her in his arms.

"Don't do this Cassandra, don't do this! STAY BREATHING! STAY ALIVE!"

Her head laying limply against his arm as he begs her to stay for him. By the minute her twitching stops and the Sparks grow dim.

"NO, NO! CASSANDRA DONT DO THIS!"

She begins to lose her pink cheeks and red lips. The tears build in his eyes slightly. James puts his forehead down to hers and breathes in.

"Cassandra, fight it, think about what you're leaving...what you'll miss out on...Think Cass, Please...don't go okay? Just stay," James begs her harder as the first tear falls on her cheek and her last breath is gone.

He can't stand to think that this is how their supposed to end.

"No, No, your not dead, your not...your alive, you breathing, not dead...just more time, ya more time," He whispers to himself hastily.

James picks her up off the floor and begins carrying her out of Hell.