He wants You

James gripped the steering wheel hard as he drove to what could be their deaths. He hated to think of it, but he can't help his mind think that this would be the last day they ever spend together.

"What's going on in that head?"

"Nothing..." He responds robotically, as if rehearsed.

"Don't lie, James, what's going on?" She reaches over and grabs onto his bicep.

He felt shocks run up his arm and into his chest. Her touch drove him mad with her.

"I don't want to leave you with any regrets, if you have any please say something."

"Regrets? about what?" Now she was confused.

"About...Us. Anything you didn't or did want."

"If you mean last night, I have none, but if you mean our whole story, no. I would want everything to happen just as it did. What about you?"

He can't look at her, it hurts too much to show her the tears he kept inside the entire time they've been together. He looks out his window and the windshield, feeling the tears build in his eyes. James was afraid of his own voice failing him, so he said nothing.

"Last night...That's what you regret right? You regret doing that to me...James?"

He doesn't speak still unsure how strong he can talk.

"ANSWER ME JAMES! YOU REGRET LAST NIGHT AND ME! DONT YOU!" The hurt expelling from her voice.

"No..I would never say that about you or last night," He choked on the words, "I regret not coming after you down in hell, I regret not telling you everything, I regret letting you believe that Satan was the only one at fault for your memory loss. It was me. I'm the bad guy, I'm the one who got your memories erased, I'm the cause of the whole thing!" He just let go, the tears silently ran down his strong cheeks.

Cassandra had to bite down on the inside of her cheek to hold in the tears.

"James, pull over, you can't drive like this."

He slowly and reluctantly pulls over to the side where he parks the car. Cassandra couldn't believe that he hasn't forgiven himself yet.

"James..." She sighs softly.

He looks straight out to windshield and leans his head against his hand.

"Hm?"

"You're not a monster, you're not responsible, and you're not supposed to hold onto something like that."

"You could've died and it would've been my fault, my fault, because I loved you and you loved me—"

"Love James, love. You possess no power to take my memories away, and your human. Whether you like to think you are or not, you're only human."

"It doesn't matter what you say, it was my fault, it was my fault that you got trapped and then God erased me due to morals."

"Fine, it was your fault, is that what you want to hear? Do you want me to say that the man that I love killed any chances of us ending up?"

"No, I just-I just want..."

"You want a pity party...That's what you want James, well it's not yours or mine to have. It's time to let it go, and move on."

He turned his eyes to hers and saw the bright light in them again. He saw how right she was. The radio played silently in the background as she grabs his hand and squeezes it in assurance.

"Breaking news...Three of the most beloved Christian church's have been torn down...many believe that this is a stand against the Christians other think it's a warning to the pope..."

James turns up the radio and listens to the man speak of unheard of tragedy.

"Damn it, Gabriel..." He whispers to himself.

"What? Gabriel? He did that?" Cassandra demanded answers.

"Yes, he's speaking to me, it's about you being with me. He wants what I "stole", back."

"Stole?"

"He wants you, Cassandra."