God Approves

Daylight broke through the window and revealed a couple spooning in bed, so comfortable. God's eyes fell upon them and compassion wept in his heart.

"Finally, Finally he takes a stand to Satan," God rejoices as he watches over his daughter finding how to love again, finding James again.

"I grant you, guardianship, James. I grant you to be her protector, to be her everything and her love. I grant that no matter how many laws you broke to be and keep her safe, you will forever be white with a fading gray. James, I grant you my daughter."

With God's grand words, James stirs awake and a burning sensation crawling over his back.

He hisses in pain and falls to the floor. James fists slam against the wood floors and a yell escapes his lips.

"JAMES!" Her voice flowing over him.

"What's happening?" He groans out.

Cassandra's face turns to shock and covers her mouth, afraid to breathe.

"CASSANDRA! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?"

"Y-Y-Your wings...they're-"
"They're what?"

"They're white with a tinge of gray."

Soreness takes over James body and he huffs as he tries to stand. It's too late though...Cassandra is already under.
Her eyes locked shut as she feel back onto the bed.

Gabriel, Incubuses voices, and then Satan's voice overcrowd her mind.

"Dear, Dear Cassandra, I hope you thought you were safe. That he could keep you safe, well he can't, no one can. Your mind is trembling even as we converse and it's an honor. It seems as though James stole something very valuable to Gabriel...you. Your his trophy and if you ever want to see your best friend alive again, you'd better come here and get her. See you soon Cassandra."

She lets out a high pitched scream as her body convulses. James pins her down on the bed and tries to wake her up.

"CASS, WAKE UP! ITS JUST A VISION!"

Gabriel leans over her with knives and begins to cut up her arms, down her legs.

"We were supposed to be together Cass, not James. We could accomplish so much! Defy your father, break James, and rule hell with Satan."

"NO!" She screams out.

"CASS PLEASE, COME BACK TO ME!" James actually feels tears in his eyes.

"Come to me Cassandra, live with me, love me." Gabriel's voice tries to convince her.

"JAMES!" she yells out.

James has no choice, he just pulls her close and silently lets the tears fall over her.

"This is all my fault, all of it," He whispers to her.

As soon as the last knife cuts into her stomach, Cassandra's eyes open instantly.

The feeling of drops falling over her neck was kind of weird. Hands hold her close under her body and a face buried into her neck.

"Come back, please, please, come back, I'll love you like never before, I promise. Come back to me, please," He begged her through the tears.

"You promise?" She whispers to him
.
"YES I SWEAR TO GOD!" He sobs into her.

"James...Were fine."

He pulls away and falls into her lips. The moist, soft lips consuming her. She became involved with him and felt like she was his as he was hers. James pulls away and just looks down at her.

"We're never fine, but this...this is horrible. I did this to you, and I can't take any of it back. THIS IS MY FAULT! I SHOULD'VE FOUGHT HARDER! I SHOULD'VE SAVED YOU!"

Cassandra saw the sadness and regret in his eyes as the tears began again.

"IM NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO UNDO WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU DOWN THERE!"

"James...Shhh...shhh. It's okay, I'm okay—"

"NO! Don't say that!"

"James, As long as your here, I'm okay."

"How bad was it this time?"

"Not bad—"

"Cassandra, I know when your lying, now how bad was it?"

She bites her bottom lip to stop the tears from falling from her eyes.

"I can't do that to you James," She confesses to him.

"Your not, I already did it to myself, tell me."

"James, He's got Sarah."

"Who?"

"She's my friend, and there's no way I can't go."

"Cassandra, I can't allow that."

"I have to go James, Satan and Gabriel will kill her!"

"It's a trap, I'm not risking it again, I will not endure the torture."

"James please! She's the only family I have left!"

"I-I—"

"If you don't let me, I'll leave by myself."

James's face looks dead, and he just stares down at me in horror.

"Cassandra, I just got you back from them and now you want to go back?"

"I have to James. God would want it."

"God...He's...Impossible."

"Be one with God James and he'll be one with you."

He shifts his gaze to her shoulder with the etched scars. Carefully he leans down and kisses them lightly.

"I'll think about it," He swiftly gets up off the bed.

Cassandra lays there still, afraid to close her eyes again. They contacted me, they know where I am.

James peals off his shirt and tosses it somewhere as he walks into the bathroom to check his wings out. He notices the intricate pattern of feathers on his shoulder blades turned white with gray.

"I've been promoted..."

"To what?"

"Guardian, God...approves us."