Breathtaking

James waited patiently at the bar of the restaurant for Cassandra. He ordered red wine and took small sips, not wanting to be drunk before their date.

Cassandra was nervous as hell on the other side of the hotel.

"What if he hates how I look? What if I do something stupid? Alright, Alright, Just take deep breaths, this is James were talking about. He absolutely loves you." She talks to herself as she exits the room.

James checked his watch and noticed how it's already seven fifteen. A sort of nervousness grows inside him.

"What if she doesn't show? What if..." He thought to himself.

Cassandra's flats click against the marble floor and a air of utter silence runs down her veins. She sucks her breaths in fast. Oh God.

James began to think that this was on big mistake.

"Why would she show up? For you? You have got to be joking! Don't fool yourself James...She's not coming." He tells himself.

A sort of conflict began in his mind.
"If she's not coming...then why should I care if I stay sober tonight? If she doesn't come...my heart will be shattered." He painfully grips onto his chest and then readjusts his cufflinks.

Cassandra slowly descended the stairs and her dirty blonde hair cascades down the back of her dress. She almost felt uncomfortable at how the dress hugs her. Cassandra wasn't used to having a revealing piece of clothing before.

James fiddled with his watch clasp and then took another sip of wine to try drown out his thoughts.

She could see the restaurant sign and felt all the nerves bundle in the pit of her stomach.

James is ready to leave, to just forget about this whole night! Forget her, this is unbearable!

She enters the restaurant and searches for a familiar face. Cassandra spots a man in a tux with pitch black hair and knows that that's him. The nerves tightened around her and the sporadic heart beat in her ears.

James turns his head for a second and sees a woman by the entrance in a perfect red dress. He looks away.

"Wait, THATS CASSANDRA!" He yells at himself mentally.

Quickly he turns his head back to her and it seems as if all the world had stopped just for them.

There she was standing, looking, staring, wondrously at him. He devours her body and looks at how the lace graces her shoulders and delicately rests on her hips. The red color brightening his heart. It now only seems to beat for her.

It hugs her in all the best places, and perfectly frames her beauty.

Cassandra saw how he looked at her. She saw how he turned away and then back at her with surprised and shocked eyes. Everything dissolved inside her. Her nerves knot disintegrated, her scared thoughts ran away, and she, for once while they were together, felt as if she had known this man forever. He stole the very breath from her lungs, and she felt like crying at the same time. Shaking breaths of air come in sprits.

James couldn't tear his eyes off her. He couldn't reject her for her beauty or for her class. He couldn't even tell her that she looked pretty because to be honest, that was a huge understatement.

"Cassandra."

He walks over to her and reaches out for her hand. Anxiously, Cassandra places her hand in his rough calloused palm. She shivers at his touch and sucks in another breath.

"Dance?" He politely asks her.

"I'm actually hungry, but yes afterwards."

He smiles widely at her and butterflies unexpectedly release deep inside her.