Enduring the wait

James seemed to be on edge all day, even when Cassandra held his hand to reassure him. It only seemed to make it worse.
"You look tired Cass, get some sleep okay?" His voice was flat without emotion.
"I'm not tired, I just need a shower."
"Alright, well, get in the shower and then sleep."
He walks away from her at the counter and a off feeling grew in the pit of her stomach.
"WHAT DID I DO? PLEASE TELL ME!" Cassandra yells out for him.
She couldn't help the feelings kept inside her, so they exploded all at once leaving her to cry.
He stops in his tracks and turned his attention to her. The hurt, pain, and agony in his eyes.
"Cassandra..." He sighs out.
"JAMES, I CANT STAND THIS! I CANT STAND HOW YOUVE BARELY TALKED TO ME!"
He runs to her and pulls her crumbling body into a hug. Crushing her body against his and molding them together. Her sobs silenced into his shirt and body.
"Shh, It's not you Cass, it's the situation. It's...complicated." His voice soft and vulnerable again.
"Please James, please tell me."
"I'm supposed to protect you, I'm supposed to make sure your okay and we can go on in life. I've failed various times, but never had I felt like I failed you until the night you were taken. I died that night Cass, it felt like my heart had been ripped out, so I ran. I ran after you because I had to. I am nothing without you, just another protector, another person in the world. I just need to think, to plan this out."
He hooks his finger under her chin and lifts her tear drowned eyes to his. Cassandra's cheeks red and stained.
"Your not just another protector, your a guardian James."
"I'm your guardian."
She sighs out to him as an answer and his light smile comes to his lips making her insides turn to mush. He always did that it seemed, turn her to mush.
"Let's get you in the shower." He whispers down to her.
Subtly, she nods back and feels his arm around her waist guide her. James lead her out of the kitchen, through the living room, hallway, and then they hit their bedroom. Blankets still rumpled in a mess from this morning and his black shirt on the ground.
"Come on." He nudges her with his shoulder.
Cassandra smiles at the new found playfulness and walks with him to the bathroom door.
He holds open the door for her and shows her around the large room.
"Okay, So your towels are there, Robes hung behind this door, and well if you need anything...Yell." He seems a little uncomfortable but continues with a calm demeanor.
Cassandra watches as he turns to walk out but she doesn't want that. All she wants is his hands on her, his body against hers, his lips crashing against hers.
She quickly reaches out to him and pushes him against the door, shutting it. They're eyes connect and the tension grew. His eyes startling her and her own is doing the same to him.
"Cass, what do you need?" He whispers as she presses her body against his.
Her lips centimeters away from his and she can already feel his hands grabbing onto the back of her tank top.
"James, that's what I need, I need you."
He sucks in a breath and butterflies fill her stomach.
"Darling Cassandra-"
"God approves of us correct?" She needs to remind him.
"Yes, he does." He whispers into her.
"Then why haven't you truly touched me yet?"
"What do you mean? I've touched you, kissed your lips, lifted your chin, nuzzled into your neck-"
"No...I mean, run your hands down my legs, kiss my shoulder, and..."
"I can't, I believe in marriage, I believe in waiting."
"Then shower with me, cherish who I am James."
"I-I Can't-"
Swiftly she takes claim of his lips and passionately draw out a sound from him. It was like a new man took his figure. James gripped around her waist and held her closer to him. His hand crept up her neck and cupped her cheek to pull her even closer. She gasps at how much he put into the kiss. James loves hearing that sound, or any sound she makes. It drives him mad at how much she means to him.
His hands lift her off the floor from under her thighs and carries her into the shower stall.
"Mmm James..."
The shower door shuts and the warm water turns on automatically. Rolling between their lips, their bodies, and underneath their clothing. Soaking they fuel their love.
James's hands can't help the urge any longer. They grip onto the back of her tank top and begins to rip it apart, revealing her bra hook.
Her lips move down his jaw line and onto his neck. With one arm he holds her against him and the other pushes him off the wall. The feeling of her hand on the side of his neck softening him even more and rustling a beast inside.  He opens his eyes to a mirror on the tiled wall in the shower and stare himself in the eyes. He could see the hidden desire clear across his eyes and her open soft back wasn't helping him.
"It feels so good though. I cant stop, not this time, God approves and that's all that matters." He tries to console himself inside.
He lets out a deep moan, she's hit a soft spot on him.
"Mmm Cass." He groans in her ear.
Her adorable giggle ringing in his ears as her lips softly kiss his neck again. James undoes her bra and lets it fall to the bottom of the shower.
Cassandra had felt great joy to hear his pleasure and feel him peel her layers off. James was what she had in mind as the perfect being, so compassionate and concerned.
Her hands run down his chest and feel every outline of his muscles through his soaked shirt.
He groans into her even more and she removes her lips from his neck. James cups her cheek again and looks into her sparkling blue eyes. No regret visible in her eyes.
"Do you want this? Me I mean." She heard his gentle vulnerability.
"James, It's like you said, Your my protector and I am your person, so you'll protect my heart and I'll be the person to love you most. It's true James, I love you and you give me such pleasure and joy that I haven't felt before."
His lips were on hers like white on rice, and he felt the wonders of God.
"I love you so much, Cassandra."
They showered and cherished each other within James's limits. He wants to wait so that's what she'll endure, the wait.