Are you sure you want to?

James could feel how it used to be with Cassandra. How he always wanted it to be with Cassandra. She took another spoonful of her desert and turned to James. She saw the thoughtful look on his face as he watched her.

"What?" She smiles at him.

"Nothing, I'm just thinking."

"Hmm," She scooches closer to him, "What about?"

Her eyes glistening from the candle light, causing James to soften even more.

"You."

She blushes slightly and supports her body by placing some of her weight on his thigh.

"What about me?"

He trails his hand up her neck and traces over her lips with his thumb. James shares a small smile with her.

"Hmm, Everything. Everything about you."

Her heart beat pounds in her chest as the words leaves his mouth.

"Wanna a bite?" She lifts her spoon for him and he willingly lets her put it in his mouth.

"Thanks," He says as he shakes his head at her.

Cassandra smiles as she takes another bite of her desert. The ice cream melting in her mouth as she looks into him.

"You always were a messy eater," He laughs as he takes his napkin and hands it to her.

"Shut up!" She jokes as she gently wipes her mouth and chin off.

"Even as a grown woman!" He laughs a little more.

"Your not so clean yourself," She smiles back.

"Oh, Honey, Don't you put that on me."

She laughs lightly and bites down on her lower lip.

"Come on," He stands and holds his hand out to her.

She graciously takes it and watches as he pays the bill and guides her away from their spot at the bar.

James leads her through the tables and people to the polished wooden floor. A orchestra played pleasant slow music.

He pulls her in and wraps and arm around her waist. She lays her hand delicately on his shoulder and together they sway.

Cassandra breaths in his meadowy cologne and relaxes her entire body. His hand lays respectively on her lower back and holds her close to his chest. The violins and cellos mixing beautifully. She felt her heart beat for him, and only him.

"Darling...Listen, uh, I know that this is technically our first date, but I can't help it. I am in Love with you Cassandra. Absolutely full of you."

She sighs softly and removes her hand from his shoulder. Cassandra tucks it into his chest, under his jacket, and lays her head on his front shoulder.

"I know, I'm in love with you too James," she leans into his neck and lightly kisses the soft skin.

James squeezes her hand slightly and continues to sway them.

"What now James? What are we supposed to do tomorrow if one of us di—"

"Shh, don't think of tomorrow. All were guaranteed is right now."

"Tell me something I never knew about you," She whispers into him.

"I used to be a dancer before I got recruited for protectors."

"Dance?"

"Yes, I danced at the theatre two towns ago."

"Wow...I did not see that coming..."

"Not very many people do," He smiles.

"What else?"

"I-Uh-I don't know if this should matter or not, but I'm not a virg—"

"I kinda figured that, but don't worry your secrets safe with me."

"Hey now! It's not like I slept around, I fell for someone and we decided that it was right."

"Who was it?" Jealousy in her voice.

"She was gorgeous, had a great sense of humor, dirty blonde hair, and gorgeous eyes."

"Thanks, You know you could use a little practice with flirting."

She knew it was her right when he said dirty blonde hair.

"Me? Practice? Flirting? Pshh. I'm an expert."

"I bet..." She looks away and rests her chin on his shoulder.

He smiles and subtly squeezes her hand again.

"It's getting late, ready for bed?" He whispers into her.

"Yes, I'm ready to go."

James spins her once and then pulls her into his chest again.

Her eyes locking with his as her breath escapes her.

"Are you sure you want to?"

He looked drunk with her, and she saw it.

"I do if you do."

James smiles as he walks her off the dance floor, past the bar, through the restaurant, up the stairs, and into the elevator.