Alone or together?

There was stolen glances back at the beach, they both knew it, but only one of them knew that their glances weren't good.

James knew that she kept looking at his black inked back, at his fate. He however glimpsed at her while she was picking up her pants. Then for a second their eyes connected and he had to look away.

Cassandra smiled to herself and saw his emotions in the look. He was checking her out, and she let him deliberately.

"Hey over there, Were here," James had stared off while he was driving and didn't even notice that they had passed the sign welcoming them.

"Oh, Thanks, uh the hotel shouldn't be far."

"James...What's wrong," her voice soft and caring.

"Nothing, I was just thinking that's all."

"About?"

"I'd rather not share this one.

"Please, James."

He sighs softly and looks over at her. Her blue eyes burning into him.

"I was thinking about...Tonight."

"What about tonight?"

He turns his eyes back to the road.

"What we're going to do. Get dinner, Dance, and then go to bed."

Cassandra knew that there was more to the agenda then just that. He's thinking something and she can't tell if this was a lie or truth.

James turns right down a road and their in the woods again.

"So... I really want to go to dinner with you—"

"But..." He smiles as he finishes her sentence.

"I don't have anything nice to—"

"It's okay, it's already figured out,"
He reaches over and holds her hand over the console.

"Figured out how?"

"Don't worry about it."

"James, how is alright?" Her voice rose.

"It's fine Cassandra, I have it all planned."

"MAYBE I DONT WANT ANY OF IT PLANNED!" She yells at him and tears her hand out of his.

He flinches in pain from her words and retracted his hand to the steering wheel.

"Listen—"

"I've heard enough to last me a lifetime, now how's this going to work?!" Her eyebrows scrunch.

"Cassandra, I don't want this to be how our night starts."

"It's fine because our night hasn't even—"

"WHATS WRONG? WHAT THE HELL DID I DO TO MAKE YOU MAD?!"

"NOTHING!"

"I OBVIOUSLY DID SOMETHING!"
He pulls into the hotel parking lot and parks the car.

"YOU TURNED YOUR WINGS BLACK!"

"YES I DID, AND I DID IT TO PROTECT YOU BECAUSE THATS MY JOB CASSANDRA! ITS MY JOB!"
He roughly unbuckles, takes the key out, and slams the car door shut.

"Is this really how you want this to go?" She thinks to herself.

James quickly gathers himself and breathes in and out. It's not going according to plan at all.

Cassandra feels like her heart just got ripped in half and thrown in her face.

He sighs out the cold air and then calmly renters the car. He doesn't want them to start tonight like this.
He shuts the door and relaxes in his seat as he peers down at the radio.

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have yelled or gotten the slightest angry at you, I should've told you what was going on in my mind," James feels so much better after that.

He looks up and sees her glassy eyes. She's holding in the tears for him.

"It's not your fault, I should've controlled my temper better, I should've know that you would do something to save me. I'm sorry,"
He smiles somberly up at her and she looks about as wrecked by him as he was by her.

"You don't have to do anything with me tonight if you don't want to. It can be just you that goes out to dinner, and I'll just order room service."

"Shh, That's nonsense James. I want to do everything with you, the problem is that everything I want to do, you can't do."

"You never know...I might just get Lucky tonight," He smiles genuinely to her.

A shadow of a blush touches her cheeks and he leans over to her and kisses her cheek.

"You know how I feel about you Darling, but I'll say it again and again to you. I, James Curdier, Completely praise you, Cassandra Tolent. Nothing will ever change that, no fight will erase my feelings away."

She smiles sadly to him and he responds with the same expression.

"So with that being said, Will you go out on a date with me?"

"Yes, But your not getting more than first base," She laughs as she unbuckles and collects her things.

"That's fine with me," He smiles widely back.