Chapter Twenty Nine - Emmett

"Axel has been a better show to watch than the actual fight. His reactions to everything have been priceless. He is flipping shit in the bleachers right now because he is so worried that Emile is going to do something to Ivy." I laughed to Copper over the phone. Even though the kid was so much younger than me, he was cool. I almost felt like he was a younger brother to me.

"Well he can't be too mad because Emile would never do anything to hurt her while he is under the watchful eyes of everyone." Copper mumbled. He really wished that he could be here cheering them on, but I reassured him that they were doing fine without him here. This really wasn't any of his business when we got down to it. He isn't even officially a part of our pack because he hasn't proven that his wolf transformation was successful by shifting yet.

"Alright Copper, I'll call you in a little while with another update on what's going on." I responded, hanging up the phone before he started protesting.

I plopped into the seat next to Axel again, making him jump. He looked at me out of the corner of his eye, but he refused to fully look away from the huge screen that showed us what was happening.

"Were you filling in Copper again?" He asked without looking at me.

"Yup, he was like begging me to come get him and bring him here so that he could watch, but I told him that I would miss too much action if I did." I chuckled and elbowed Axel in the ribs.

"This isn't funny Emmett! They could get really hurt doing this!" Luna screamed from the other side of Axel. She crossed her little arms and glared at me while Axel growled warningly.

I smirked. "You're lucky that we didn't send your sorry ass in there Luna."

"Hey! Don't talk to her like that!" Axel shouted and took his eyes off the screen for long enough to glare at me.

I could tell just how on edge he was about this whole thing just from his posture. He was all hunched forward with his elbows on his knees and his right knee hadn't been still sense they had started. He refuses to eat anything and he hasn't moved from his seat for a couple hours. He must have to pee by now?

"Y'all are no fun." I mumbled and leaned back in my chair. These challenges were nothing new to me. I already came to the realization that Bender and Shay are probably going to die in there. It's just what happens. Circle of life. Either way, Axel would make a better Alpha than Shay anyway. I had hope that Emile would spare Aubrey's life if he killed Shay. I would totally claim her hot piece of ass as my mate.

Bender stopped by the tree and they made camp. It was getting dark and it sure seemed like Bender knew what he was doing. He helped Aubrey onto his branch and he caught her against his chest. I sucked in a sharp breath as they looked at each other. I couldn't help it when my eyes narrowed slightly. Aubrey slid onto Bender's lap, straddled him, and leaned her head on his shoulder. I started grinding my teeth and when Bender whispered in her ear, making her laugh, I ran his hands over my face.

"What does he think he's doing?" I exclaimed, angrily.

"He thinks he is surviving another night. Would you rather he make her sleep unbalanced on a branch and freeze through the night or keep her warm and safe on the same branch as him? It was her idea. Not so fun to watch anymore now is it?" Axel smirked at me as I watched the screen intently.

Luna slept through the night, but Axel and I didn't take our eyes off that screen for a second. I received a hard punch in the gut to wake me up, after I drifted off. Ivy started to climb down from the tree that she had slept in while Emile was on the ground. She tried her best to be silent, so she wouldn't wake him up, but her weight was too much for one of the smaller branches. It broke and landed right on Emile's head while she tried her best to not fall on him too.