Chapter Thirty Eight - Bender

Why does drama follow us? Why can't we just live normal werewolf lives? Oh wait.

Shay stood with Aubrey in his arms as we all stared at Sandra. There was no way that Aubrey's dad was a wolf because that would mean that Copper would have been one too before we changed him. It doesn't make any sense that neither of his children were passed the gene.

When Sandra didn't say anything else, I coughed slightly.

"Yeah guys I'm sorry to break this dramatic moment, but I can't feel my leg anymore and I'm feeling a little faint." I called, looking around at everyone.

"Grab Bender," Shay mumbled and started to walk to the door.

Axel scooped me up so roughly that I screamed out in pain. Emmett held the gun still pointed at Sandra as he walked towards the door too.

"Oh, shut up would you? You're bleeding all over my good shirt." Axel grumbled when I screamed out in pain again.

"Wait, we are just going to leave her there? What if she calls the cops?" Emmett exclaimed when we were completely outside with the door shut behind us.

"What do you want to do? Do you want to bind her up and then make us actual criminals?" Shay shouted, whirling around to glare at Emmett.

Shay had slid Aubrey into the back seat and was now all up in Emmett's face. Emmett slid the pistol into the back of his jeans and knocked Shay's shoulder as he slid into the driver's seat.

Shay looked ready to deck Emmett, but instead he slid into the car and brought Aubrey onto his lap so I had room to fit in the back with Axel.

I was breathing hysterically now as tears slid down my face. I wish someone would notice how much pain I was in. I had a fucking knife in my thigh for God's sake!

"Shay, where are we going?" Emmett asked through clenched teeth.

"Go to the school. We have to pick up Ivy and Luna." Shay mumbled as he looked Aubrey up and down. Her head was terrible looking. She was bruised up and really pale. It looked like she had been out for a while and I couldn't help, but wish that I could take all of her pain from her and just endure it myself. It couldn't get much worse than how I was feeling already.

"We don't have much more room in here Shay." I hissed and clutched the wound in my leg. I tried unsuccessfully again to pull the knife out, but my hand slipped right off and the slight movement of it shot pain through my leg once again.

"Oh God." Axel mumbled and slid me onto the ground.

"Emmett you need to deal with this." Axel said and they switched seats so Axel was driving without even slowing the car. I was lying on the ground now and Emmett leaned over me.

"This is going to hurt, a lot." Emmett mumbled and gripped the knife with both hands. He took a deep breath and yanked it out with one hard pull.

As easy as it was for him to get it out it still hurt me too much to bear. I screamed out at the top of my lungs as Emmett sat there staring at the knife. He wiped it off on his shirt and set it beside him. He took his shirt off and ripped it into strips so he could try to stop the bleeding. Emmett tied one strip directly above the wound and pressed against it with the other strips. I was screaming so loud that we were attracting attention to ourselves while we were stopped at the stop lights.

Axel turned the music up as loud as the speakers would let him. He took deep breaths as he tried to get to the school without being pulled over.

My vision blurred for a moment and when it cleared, we were at the house with Luna standing over me. She had a wet rag in her hands and she presses it against my leg. I had completely lost feeling now so I just sat there and watched.