Chapter Seven - Aubrey

I danced around the house singing while eating some pretzels. I was pretty proud of myself and once I told Copper how it went, he started dancing with me too. I was mid-song when we got a call from our neighbors telling us to shut off the music and go to bed. We laughed our way all the way up to our bedrooms and into our different beds.

The loud ringing pulled me from my deep dream state and back to the demanding reality of life. I blindly grouped at my bedside table, my fingers sliding over my phone and knocking it to the floor. The ringing stopped temporarily, but started back up in a second. A loud moan escaped my throat as I grabbed my phone and looked at the caller id, Darcy Grey.

"Is there a reason you're calling me at five in the morning?" I mumbled into the phone, my mind still half in the dream world.

"We have places to be!" She shouted and I held the phone away from my ear a little bit. "We have places to be! There are thousands of parties going on all over the coast!" I moaned lightly and sat up; looking around my room at the bags I hadn't started packing yet. "We're going to come get you at like seven and then we'll be on our way to the coast!" She cheered happily.

We had had a pretty quiet week in terms of Shay and I was happy be getting to the beach. We had a long boat ride ahead of us though, so Darcy wanted us to leave early.

Every time I saw Shay, I still had to bite my tongue to avoid asking him to explain himself. He had tried to call me a few times, but I just ignored them all. Now I was going to the coast with all my friends and my brother. I mentally rolled my eyes, but I couldn't just leave him at our house alone. I didn't know the whole list of everyone that was going, but I knew that we were going to take Darcy's friend's boat. There were supposed to be a lot of people, but we were going to get a hotel once we got there. We had a nice long four day weekend to look forward to and the coast was going to be packed. This was the last step for me to get over the nonexistent relationship with Shay. I was going to find a cute guy and officially get over the whole situation and never talk to him again. I had already set my mind that I wasn't going to be involved with people who seem as dangerous and risqué as they were.

Every time I looked at him, all I could think about was that kiss. Well, the kiss that almost happened in my kitchen. I was thankful for the interruption before the kiss because he was totally praying on my emotions and it is that much harder to get over someone once you've realized that they are a good kisser. Granted, I'm just assuming from rumors that Shay is a good kisser but it seems like a pretty safe bet. That's just another con to getting involved with him. He has been known as a bit of a player over the past few years. Who knows what kinds of diseases he carries. In regards to the whole wolf thing, I decided to just ignore it and pretend it all never happened. That method seemed to be working for me so far.

"Hello? Earth the Aubrey! Are you going to be ready by then?" Darcy yelled in my ear and I winced.

"Oh yeah sorry, I'll be ready, but you have a ride set up for Copper and I right? We can't get to the dock at this time without a ride because we can't leave my dad's car parked there." I said already up and packing.

"I can pick you up on my way there. I'll pick you up a like 6:30 so we can be there by 7! See you soon!" She squealed and hung up.

6:30 rolled along and right on the minute Darcy rang the door bell and we all piled into her car. When we pulled up to the dock, everyone was already there and loading up.

The boat was pretty big, but there were more people than I thought there were going to be. I was the last one on the boat and at that time there was only one seat left. I was itching to claim a seat and get lost in my book. The last one open was next to a guy that had a cap pulled over his face so I couldn't see who it was. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the cap because I instantly thought of Shay. I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity and mentally hit myself for getting so excited at the thought of him.