Chapter Twenty One - Copper

Slowly, being able to open my eyes now, I looked around to be blinded by a fire that was burning in front of me. I could feel something tight around my wrists and ankles. A low growl escaped my chest without meaning to. I heard a little chuckle from my right and I whipped my head to where the noise was coming from.

I could see another person bound to the tree on the opposite side of the fire, but I couldn't make out who it was right away. After focusing my eyes, I was able to make out that it was either Shay or Axel. He was bleeding horribly and it looked like he could be dead.

I couldn't remember anything except for that I was walking through the forest, trying to find where Aubrey disappeared to, but somehow my hands had gotten tied up. My head was really foggy and it was pounding.

I whipped my head around trying to find the person responsible for all of this. He or she had some major explaining to do. Catching a slight glance of a man leaning up against one of the rocks to my right, I glared at him, trying to find out who he was, but he didn't look like anyone I had ever seen.

"Who are you? What are you doing to me?" I screamed as forcefully as I could, but my voice cracked at the end and killed any fake confidence I had.

"I, Copper, am your worst nightmare." The man chuckled. "Your first year in high school and boy, did you pick the wrong group of people to spend your time with. Your poor choice has led you to risk your life and your sister's life." The man shrugged and took two long steps to get in front of me. I braced myself for impact, but he just looked at me through his pitch black eyes.

"Of course, it was your sister who got you involved with these thugs in the first place, wasn't it?"

Thousands of questions went through my mind, but I knew that I couldn't falter or show weakness against this guy.

"Thugs? You mean the pack?" I needed to at least piece together whatever I could while he was talking to me. I had seen enough crime shows to know that the villains always like to tell their victims their whole plans before actually hurting them. I was feeling pretty confident in my ability to make him talk and then by then I will have noticed something that I didn't notice before and I'll be able to escape.

The guy chuckled and looked around before waving his hand, signaling for someone else to come over.

Well, he's not a talker. There goes that plan.

"Caleb? Oh god Caleb, you've got to help me! This guy has me tied up and I," I stopped myself when I saw what he was holding. He was holding Aubrey passed out in his arms.

The guy nodded and Caleb just dropped her on the ground. She landed with a thud on the ground in front of me. My heart was pounding and my breathing was short. "What have you done to her?" I screamed at Caleb, but he wouldn't meet my eyes. I could see tears streaming down his cheeks. I stared intently at her to see if she was breathing but my heart was pounding so hard that I couldn't focus.

"Listen here boy," the man grabbed my hair and yanked my head up so that I was looking him in the eyes; "I am and will be the pack leader for a while. Don't you dare try to play dumb with me; I know that you know all about us being wolves. I need you to tell me now: who changed your sister?" He was basically growling at me and was nearly yanking the hair out of my head. I screamed in pain and clutched my eyes closed as tight as I could try to escape the icy glare he was shooting me.

"Wait, you guys are wolves?" I fakely asked with sarcasm dripping from my tongue. I knew that I was playing with fire but this man just dropped my possibly dead sister on the ground in from of me. I wasn't just going to tell him what he wanted.