Chapter Four - Axel

"He is on his way Emile," I said to him and bared my neck. I went and took my position next to Ivy and Emmett.

"Emile." Shay said from the walkway into the meadow. Shay bared his neck in front of Emile but didn't come stand in his spot. It was obvious that he could tell what was going to happen. He bit his lip in anticipation.

Emile drew his arm back and slapped Shay right across the face so hard that it echoed. I could hear Luna whimpering next to me and Ivy wrapped her arms around her. Shay had bit his lip so he wouldn't scream or cry, but he bit straight through it and now was spitting up blood. I could see the spot where Emile hit him start to turn pink and purple already.

"I'm sorry for the disrespect," Shay bared his neck again and I saw a tear escape as he seemed to spit this sentence out through clenched teeth.

"I expect better from the next alpha." Emile spit, but Shay was still baring his neck. "Is she a Wilcze Panna? Is that why you are so attracted to her?"

"A Wilc....No sir she isn't changed. She is just an amazing girl." Shay answered. I knew my face was ghost white because I had no idea why he would even dare to lie to Emile right to his face. He was just asking for a death sentence with this and that girl just wasn't worth it!

Emile looked over at me and smiled. "You look a little white, Roxas. What's wrong? Is there a liar among us?"

I cringed at the use of my real name but stood up straighter. I glanced at Shay for a split second and then got the courage to talk. "No sir. The girl is human as far as I know and Shay has taken quite a liking to her." I was pretty proud that I managed to hold his gaze while the lie seeped out from between my lips.

"Can you come stand next to the young future alpha, please?" Emile asked normally.

I listened and stood next to Shay. We were our packs two best fighters and I knew we could have killed him right there but we didn't dare. I stood there while Emile looked us both over like tests.

Emile reached back to itch his head, but instead of that he came down and slapped me so hard in the face that I fell to the ground in pain. It felt like he just broke all the bones inside of my face. Shay's eyes twitched in anger.

"I'm fine Shay. Just a little scratch,"

"How dare you hit my pack? Hit me all you want, but you leave my pack alone!" Shay screamed at Emile and I knew what was coming next. A deep growl rumbled from Shay's chest as he stood up straight and got closer to Emile's face.

"How dare I? How dare you brain wash your own brother into lying for you? He isn't even in your pack!" Emile screamed "I should just finish him off now so I don't have to worry about him later!"

I lay on the ground in pain from the first hit as Luna pried herself out of Ivy's arms to come to my aid. Emile turned suddenly towards her. He growled, but she kept coming.

Emile took two short steps to get to her and he was just about to swing at her when Shay came in, blocking Emile's way. Shay growled at him until Emile back off of the little girl. She sat me up and I pushed her lightly back to Ivy. She went once she knew I was alright.

Emile is the alpha of the current pack and he is their biggest and best fighter. He has no problem hurting to get what he wants. I take back what I said about being able to take him down, we would need more than a few kids to even dent his armor. He is damn scary. Shay is just asking to be murdered, but I had to give him props for standing up for us.

Emile growled at Shay until they both stopped. Emile raised his hand and hit Shay twice. One hit on the side that wasn't hit before and one on the one that was already hit. Shay stood strong against him, though. I think Shay felt that he needed to prove to us that he is a worthy pack leader because he accidentally changed Aubrey.