Chapter Ten - Aubrey

Shay had me behind him before it even happened.

Two shots were fired off and everyone was on the ground screaming. I looked around frantically for Copper but I couldn't focus my eyes. Emmett was covering Darcy, but watching Shay for an order.

"Shay!" Ivy screamed from behind me. I whirled around and saw Axel on the ground bleeding. I gasped, but before I could even process any of it Shay was pulling me through everyone to get to them.

Shay let go of my hand and sprinted to them. Luna was sitting there trying her best to stop the bleeding, but it didn't look like it was doing anything.

I stood there watching from a few yards away. It seemed like it was happening in slow motion and I was getting dizzy.

All the sudden Emmett scooped Axel off the ground and sprinted out the doors. The last glance I got of them running was of Emmett carrying a wolf. Darcy was left lying, terrified, on the ground as I stood in the middle of the dance floor, shocked.

Axel was dying. He needed pack blood to survive.

Shay jumped up and I could see the shadow of a wolf in him. He looked around for the person who shot the gun, but whoever it was had a good head start. I heard the back door of the club close and Shay sprinted to get there. He was gone from the crowd before I could even blink.

Bender wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me lightly towards the door that the rest of the pack fled out of. I was still too shocked and confused to make my legs work though so, after trying to get me to follow him he took off to catch up with everyone else. I finally got my wits about me and I ran after Bender. I stepped out of the club just in time to see Luna's little wolf form disappearing into the woods last. I ran after them into the dark woods. I was forced to jog with my hands out so I wouldn't run into anything.

"Shift, damn it! Come on, shift!" I couldn't get my wolf form to take over.

Suddenly I stopped jogging and looked around. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Someone's hands wrapped around me so suddenly that I would have screamed, but whoever it was covered my mouth with his hand. I whirled around to face my offender, but only saw Shay standing there, his eyes fierce.

He grabbed my hand and pushed something cold into it. "Take my bike, go to Luna and Ivy's room, open the door and don't let anyone in unless it is a pack member." Shay whispered as he looked over his shoulder.

My mouth fell open. "Excuse me? I'm part of this too, so you can't just lock me away! Let me help you guys out for once!" I screamed at him.

His eyes widened in anger, but I refused to let him see that I was scared to death. "This isn't the time to train you to be a wolf, Aubrey! I promised you that I would teach you all about being a wolf when we got home! Why can't that be enough for you? Please, Aubrey, just do what I say so I can straighten everything out!" Shay pleaded. I sighed and nodded. He pulled me into a tight embrace. "I'll meet you in Ivy's room in ten minutes. Emmett should have already brought Axel there." Shay lowered his head and refused to look at me as regret instantly washed over me. I didn't realize in the moment that he was sending me to where everyone else was. I instantly assumed that he wanted me out of the way and out of their business.

"Don't worry Shay, we will keep him safe. Go do whatever you need to do and we will all be there when you are done." I whispered and tried to pull him into another hug, but he pulled away. He sprinted into the woods and I saw him disappear, but started to hear wolf running instead of human and I sighed.