Chapter Thirty Three - Aubrey

"I leave the room for five minutes and you guys are already spooning?" Darcy had her hands on her hips was glaring at us from the bottom of the stairs.

She was wearing one of my dresses that she probably got from my closet. It was a red summer dress and it was a little bit long on her because she was so much shorter than me. Her long brown hair was soaked and dripped onto the floor.

I glanced up at her and rolled my eyes. I had actually fallen into a light sleep while she was in the shower and Shay was completely passed out under me. I smiled and poked his cheek.

"Whoa!" He exclaimed. He jumped, startled, and nearly knocked me off of the chair.

Darcy stalked over to the kitchen and dried her hair off with one of the towels. She plopped down on one of the lazy boy chairs in front of the TV with her hair now tied up in a messy bun.

"Ready to explain yourself?" Darcy glared at Shay while he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He lifted his hat and ran his hand through his hair that was sporting some extreme hat head.

"Ask away, I guess," he mumbled and wrapped his arm around me. I cuddled into him and shut my eyes, listening.

"How does Zyler have anything to do with the break in?" She demanded.

Shay shrugged. "I never said that he did. I just didn't know that you guys were dating and it was a surprise for me."

She shot him a sassy glare and rolled her eyes. "Who do you think was in my house then?" She whispered while she played with her hair nervously.

"I have no answers. Why do you think I have all of the answers all the sudden? Everyone always comes to me for answers." Shay mumbled, sounding irritated. I glanced up at him, but didn't say anything.

"Let me ask you something, Darcy." Shay said sitting up slightly. It seemed like he was getting defensive all the sudden. "How much do you know about Zyler? I don't mean simple stuff like what kind of music he likes, but what do you really know about him?" He asked looking at her harshly. I sat up slightly and leaned on Shay's still bare shoulder.

Darcy looked around nervously and bit her lip. She took her time answering and Shay didn't breathe the whole time she thought about it.

Darcy shook her head after another moment. "I don't know anything worth telling about. He has a really screwed up life at home right now, some new girl took liking to him not too long ago, and he's really good at football." She said quickly.

"Tell me more about this new girl." Shay pried, relaxing into the chair again.

Darcy shook her head and stood up. She opened her phone and acted like she got a text. She took the towel off from the back of the chair and put it into the hamper.

"I have to get home now. My parents are home and they expected me to be there right when they arrived. I'll talk to you later, Aubrey." Darcy mumbled, grabbing her keys and leaving before Shay could even protest.

"Wait, Darcy!" Shay shouted, but she was already gone. I hit his chest lightly and shook my head. Darcy has gone through enough today. She needed to rest.

Shay took a shower right after Darcy left and he claimed to have washed all of the alcohol smell off of him, but he replaced it with the smell of Cooper's shampoo which wasn't any better.

We sat in front of the TV and stared at the news blankly which reported nothing of importance to us, nothing about the wolf sightings.

"So you never told me how you actually know Zyler." I whispered, glancing at him.