Chapter Seventeen - Aubrey

"Aubrey, I think I should cut you off now." Caleb mumbled warily from behind the counter.

"No way man! Don't be a buzz kill! I'm just getting started!" I slurred.

Everyone was gathered around me, watching me get drunk off my ass. I had around 5 shots already and I could barely sit upright. I was really giggly and everyone was cheering me on. When I asked Caleb to hit me again, but it just came out as a bunch of mumbling he shook his head.

Damien was sober next to me and just watched me silently. He refused to even touch me me since Shay left and it was making me furious. I don't know why they were both so scared of Shay. I couldn't get any real attention from Caleb or Damien anymore. I went as far as to start kissing Damien's neck but he just pushed me away. How could he do such a thing?

"Aubrey, you've had enough for tonight." Caleb said, taking the shot glass away from me as I acted like I was taking another one.

I giggled when some guy I didn't recognize came up behind me and stood me up. He asked me to dance and I wobbled to the living room after glaring at Caleb and Damien. It might have been the kitchen but it didn't really matter to me.

I shouted over the music and stood up on the table and started to dance. The guy who asked me to dance stood there, laughing as I stumbled around on the table. I wave of nausea overcame me and I felt myself falling.

Damien was there waiting and caught me right as I started to fall. He carried me outside and into a pretty car. He buckled me in while I was screaming for him to bring me back inside because I had to pee. I blacked out once he started to drive the car. I didn't even think to ask where we were going.

I had one moment of real life before I passed out and the only thing I thought was that I was really stupid for letting myself get this drunk and I needed to find Shay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke with a bright light shining in my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes to see that I wasn't at home. I sat up quickly and looked around. Still not knowing where I was, I tried to stand up, but when I did, I got so dizzy that I had to slowly lower myself back down to the pillow so I wouldn't faint or throw up. I took a deep breath and realized that the smell was really familiar, but the pounding in my head was killer.

What had happened last night?

The door into the room cracked open and I saw Shay step in. My eyes widened in shock. Now I remembered. I had screamed at him and he stormed off. I got drunk off my ass with Damien and Caleb. Oh god. He's going to kill me. But how did I get here? And where is here exactly?

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He whispered. He was wearing a blue shirt with some jeans. They were both dirty like he had just finished cleaning something really gross, but even though it wasn't the most flattering outfit he still looked super hot.

I nodded. "I've felt better. If you don't mind me asking, where am I?" I asked not meeting his eyes.

He chuckled and plopped himself on the bed next to me. He wrapped his arm around me and cuddled me into him. I didn't know where he was getting at and I thought it was kinda weird for him to be alright with the fact that I kiss another guy, screamed at him, and then got super drunk. I didn't push him away though because I quite liked it and didn't want him to be mad at me. My pounding headache seemed to subside as he held me tightly.

"We are at my house." Shay nodded at my confused look.

I looked around the room. Now that I looked at it, it did look like a room Shay would have. It was covered in posters from bands, you couldn't really see the floor from all of the clothes, and it smelt just like him. There were three walls that were painted grey and then the fourth wall was dark bricks. He had hardwood floors that appeared to flow through the other rooms on this floor. I nodded at him, but more questions were buzzing around my head. I pushed them away because I knew that I needed to say I was sorry for all the trouble I had caused.