Chapter 4

Date: 29th December, 2015.

Edited: 23rd June, 2016.

I am hardly getting any reads here *insert laughing emoji*

Update because it's my birthday (:

"Tell me the story about how much the sun loved the moon.

Tell me how he died every night to let her breathe."

ALASKA'S POV

A week later.

I jolted up awake, panting.

It's just a dream Al. You're here, you're safe. I chanted inside my head.

I looked around my room once and then laid back down. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. After an hour of tossing and turning, I finally gave up and sat up straight.

5:03am the clock on the night stand read.

New day, same shit.

I sighed and stood up, making my way towards the bathroom. After a relaxing shower, getting dressed and making my breakfast and an hour later, I sat in the kitchen with a plate of pancakes and a bottle of whipped cream waiting in front of me.

I drummed my fingers on the counter top, waiting for Blaze to show up. A few seconds later, he entered into the kitchen with a carton of mixed fruit juice. He placed it on the table, pecked my forehead and moved towards the counter, taxing out the glasses.

We digged in and by the time we were done, we were still early for high school.

I pushed away my chair with a reluctant sigh and Blaze mirrored my movements. We got out the house and into his car. We sat there in the silence, looking out of the windshield, deeply submerged into our own thoughts. After a while, he put the key in the ignition and revved the engine. I texted everyone to leave as soon as possible as we were on our way.

Blaze and I were parked in the school parking lot in minutes for minutes and reluctantly, got off. Seeing that we were quite early, there were hardly any cars in there and the sky was gloomy. It perfectly described how I felt. Empty and dark.

I fell in step with Blaze and we made our way towards the homeroom. The room was empty and I sat on the desk with him facing me. I titled my head to look towards the ceiling and swung my legs back and forth. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I had not felt so peaceful in days. I don't know how much time I was sitting there thinking about nothing in silence with Blaze's smell and presence comforting me but I was scared shitless when the door of the classroom flew open and Connor shouted a "boo".

Everyone started laughing and I hit Connor, rolling my eyes. We all occupied the desks, talking about our plans for the next day. I noticed Liz looking at something (more like a someone) on the left of me. I followed her gaze. There she was, staring longingly at Liam, hoping that he would notice her. I made a mental note to ask her about it, knowing that I will forget, thanks to my spectacular memory.

The bell rung and I prepped myself preparing for another tedious, long day. The first period was Math and we all know that it is a pain in the butt. Ash kept poking me throughout the lecture and I snapped at him. I didn't want to, but everything anyone did was so fucking annoying, or maybe I didn't get enough of caffeine and sleep.